Picked up VZW's Version of the G4

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is absolute garbage with the exception of their network. If I didn't have such a strong network around here for my business needs I'd s#!tcan them in a second. Worst company ever next to Comcast...and there's no pressure for them to change.

All carriers are the worst. None of them give a crud anymore. For me, it's all about the service and since I have unlimited data, I'll be with VZW until the unlimited data ends. But, there is no perfect carrier.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is absolute garbage with the exception of their network. If I didn't have such a strong network around here for my business needs I'd s#!tcan them in a second. Worst company ever next to Comcast...and there's no pressure for them to change.

All carriers are the worst. None of them give a crud anymore. For me, it's all about the service and since I have unlimited data, I'll be with VZW until the unlimited data ends. But, there is no perfect carrier.

ruascott

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
You're data charge is $29.99 per month for unlimited. If you had the hotspot, it'd be another 29.99 for hotspot.
You should not have been paying $49.98 per month if you didn't have the hotspot.
If you selected your line as the "upgrade" at full price line, then you should just turn it on when it arrives and it should be ready to go after the initial setup. In other words, no need to switch out the SIM card.

Sorry, I'll try to be clearer.

For years I've been paying

59.99 Nationwide 450 Talk and Text
29.99 unlimited data.

I went onto the website, ordered a full price G4, picked my current line to ' upgrade '. It then showed my current plan, as listed above, also showed unlimited web/email....and then said my new monthly charges would be 59.99 total. So $29.99 less than I have been paying.

When I look my Verizon account online now, in the Change your Plan section. It shows my current plan as

NW450 39.99
Text - unlimited (no charge)
Data 29.99

So nothing matches up. I don't know if it's a website glich or what.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

29.99 unlimited data.

I went onto the website, ordered a full price G4, picked my current line to ' upgrade '. It then showed my current plan, as listed above, also showed unlimited web/email....and then said my new monthly charges would be 59.99 total. So $29.99 less than I have been paying.

When I look my Verizon account online now, in the Change your Plan section. It shows my current plan as

NW450 39.99
Data 29.99

Maybe they signed you up for a better rate without telling you? Hopefully! I added a line over a year ago and thought my monthly bill for NW Unlimited calls/text would be $80, including taxes (no data, it was two flip phones). My bill was constantly $100 for four months. I finally called and said WTF, and poof, they fixed it without hardly mentioning anything about a new plan, and paid $80 until I just switched plans to add my G4

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

29.99 unlimited data.

NW450 39.99
Data 29.99

I'd check that just to make sure. Go to plan management and click on change my plan. When that screen opens, click on the hyperlink for view my current plan. Just make sure that your smartphone says unlimited data. If so, you're good to go and enjoy the new rate.

VZW.jpg

I've got 3 smartphones and 1 dumbphone. the first one listed is on the 2GB per month plan. The next two are unlimited. The last line isn't a smartphone, that's why it says pay per use.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
What you can do to avoid reps not knowing is the best buy method like someone said. But what I do is place an online order to pickup in store so they have to give me the device without activating and only takes about 10 minutes

Posted via the Android Central App

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Same as me. I'm here for the unlimited data and I use it! Sometimes 500 gb a month

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Same as me. I'm here for the unlimited data and I use it! Sometimes 500 gb a month

500. OK, you got me beat. My highest is 168GB, but I don't really use BitT anymore. Back in "The Day", I'm sure I would have been well over 1TB when I was BTing.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate to trash talk a business, but I simply can't defend Verizon. I'm now back with Sprint, which is the only reason I'm on the G4 (it's their best offering IMO). I was a happy Sprint customer for many years until about 3 years ago. That was when I switched to VZW for a singular reason: 4G. Sprint really screwed the pooch on 4G implementation with its Wimax strategy, and I suffered for it. Heck, I would have continued to use Sprint with 3G speeds, but even their 3G became so over-saturated with traffic, I could barely stream audio, and could no longer stream audio with a data tether. So, I went to VZW and while I did enjoy the 4G, that's ALL I enjoyed. My bill damn near doubled (but I knew that going in). Then, they charged me an extra $15 a month just to receive business e-mail, and their customer service was "lacking" at best. I could go on with other items, but I won't, other than to say, I consider myself a very reasonable person when it comes to customer service. I've been in the trenches when it comes to providing it; and I respect the person giving it. When it becomes apparent that I'm not getting the same in return, it rubs me in the worse possible way. Thank goodness that Sprint now offers 4G in my area (stronger and faster than VZW in fact), and they paid my ETF to leave VZW early. Perfect? No, but with very little exception, I've always been happy with Sprint, and their customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick