Pinch to Zoom not working on Youtube 18:9

Kwalker179

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Last week Youtube was working fine on my phone. I could watch videos with black bars and fill the screen using pinch to zoom. All of a sudden yesterday it doesn't work. I always get black bars no matter what video I watch and pinch to zoom does nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times and even factory reset my phone. I cleared cache also and nothing has worked. Anyone else having this problem?

Kwalker179

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Yeah it doesn't work in safe mode either. This is a very odd and annoying issue. It's not a total deal breaker but what good is an 18:9 screen if I can't fully use it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it has to do with the YouTube app itself (perhaps after a recent update), or maybe with Google Play Services, rather than the phone itself. It's doubtful that replacing the phone would help, although you could test a V30 on display at the T-Mobile store and see if the same thing happens there. Make sure the YouTube app is up to date on the display phone first.

In the meantime, send feedback to Google in the YouTube app's settings menu.

Zigmundm

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
I have same problem.
My Huawei mate 10 Pro - not working pinch to zoom (18:9)
Brothers Huawei mate 10 pro - working pinch to zoom (18:9), same app version, same system version.
I don't understand....

Kwalker179

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
I sent feedback to google. Just gonna have to wait until the next youtube update. Im not optimistic about it working. If that doesn't work im going to have to head back to T-Mobile to see whats up.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Last week Youtube was working fine on my phone. I could watch videos with black bars and fill the screen using pinch to zoom. All of a sudden yesterday it doesn't work. I always get black bars no matter what video I watch and pinch to zoom does nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times and even factory reset my phone. I cleared cache also and nothing has worked. Anyone else having this problem?

I have never been able to pinch to zoom with my V30+ unlocked

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it just youtube, or do all videos play with black bars? I'm in the market for a new phone, but I watch a lot of video on it. Black bars would be a deal breaker for me.

Kwalker179

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
I didn't really check any other videos because im mostly on Youtube but all of a sudden its been working for the last few days. No updates to youtube or my phone. Doesn't make any sense but whatever im happy. Love this phone now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz