Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL Look and Feel Much Better in Person.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I know, I know... I'm late to the party.

I was at the Google pavilion in my local Best Buy today and was FINALLY able to see/manhandle these phones in the flesh.

I gotta say these phones feel GREAT. The coating on the aluminium makes a huge difference with grip. I don't know why some people are complaining about it feeling plastic. To me it feels more like a textured ceramic if that makes sense. Much more confident grip. But I guess if it isn't shiny and metal or exactly like Samsung does it tech bloggers will scoff *rolls eyes*

I especially liked the handling of the Pixel 2. I pre-ordered the Kinda Blue Pixel 2 and it ships November 20th. I'm satisfied with my decision now after seeing/handling it person. I probably won't even rock a case with it. Small phones FTW.

Regarding the screen issues of the 2XL: The blue tint was quite evident to me, but the display is still a very nice display. It was very sharp and I liked the natural colours. It didn't seem washed out to me, but I'm not coming from a Samsung device so maybe I'm not adjusted to Samsung's oversaturated displays.

In my opinion the blue tint of the screen would not be a big enough issue to deter me from buying if I was in the market for the 2XL. Alas, my small hands make regular Pixel 2 the choice for me.

Anyway, I just had to chime in FWIW.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree. I originally ordered both pixel 2's to see which one I liked in hand best. The Pixel 2 came a few days early but the 2xl was delayed. So I couldn't compare them before my 14 days are up. So I went to a couple of my local Verizon stores, none had any units on display. But one of the employees had a pixel xl2 (Panda) and he let me hold his phone. I was definitely impressed, impressed enough to cancel the black 2 xl and order the panda even though it probably means waiting until Jan to get it.

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
I totally agree. I originally ordered both pixel 2's to see which one I liked in hand best. The Pixel 2 came a few days early but the 2xl was delayed. So I couldn't compare them before my 14 days are up. So I went to a couple of my local Verizon stores, none had any units on display. But one of the employees had a pixel xl2 (Panda) and he let me hold his phone. I was definitely impressed, impressed enough to cancel the black 2 xl and order the panda even though it probably means waiting until Jan to get it.

Are you gonna put it in a case? I wanted the panda too, but realized I won't be seeing it most of of the time anyway. Not worth waiting an extra 2 months.. coming from a windows user who has no apps. But if you can wait and happy with your current phone, that's nice then.

cnotes2016

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Loving my 2 XL 🤙 except does it have face unlock? I thought I enabled it but it's not working. Also does the display on lock screen not get brighter? Thanks.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Must be the right device for me then, my wife is always saying I'm a dope 🤣 Thanks for making my decision easier
Hahaha..

I just like that it works.. My wife and I were talking about that.. We like devices with tons of features, but you know, when it doesn't work too well it's a draaaaggg

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Loving my 2 XL ������ except does it have face unlock? I thought I enabled it but it's not working. Also does the display on lock screen not get brighter? Thanks.

Face unlock is the iPhone X (and I think some of the Samsung phones). This one uses the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha..

I just like that it works.. My wife and I were talking about that.. We like devices with tons of features, but you know, when it doesn't work too well it's a draaaaggg

Still not sure I want to give up my G6 yet, but I seem to find myself jonesing for the 2xl . . .

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you gonna put it in a case? I wanted the panda too, but realized I won't be seeing it most of of the time anyway. Not worth waiting an extra 2 months.. coming from a windows user who has no apps. But if you can wait and happy with your current phone, that's nice then.

Yeah I have the same dilemma, the panda is different and I'd like to have it over just plain black. But then you're limited to just using clear cases, which due tend to yellow quite easily over time. Luckily for me I'm still happy with my s7 edge, so waiting 2 months is doable. Still I could just go with black, and have to phone much sooner.

Google has to take a hit for yet another horrible pre-order/order procedure. The Panda's are out of stock and who know how long we'll be waiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi