Pixel 3 XL vs Oneplus 6T

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It's just amazing the amount of hate Pixel 3 getting on YouTube, blogs and Twitter etc. OnePlus was called flagship killer before but now YouTube videos are OnePlus 6T - The Pixel killer

Pixel isn’t only getting ripped apart on YouTube but on this board, can’t honestly say the overall vibe here is positive about the device. I’m not worried about getting mine I’m super stoked, but the general person coming Here and reading the conversations wouldn’t necessarily run to go get the device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Pixel isn’t only getting ripped apart on YouTube but on this board, can’t honestly say the overall vibe here is positive about the device. I’m not worried about getting mine I’m super stoked, but the general person coming Here and reading the conversations wouldn’t necessarily run to go get the device.

When you been down the line since the Nexus and then to pixel phones you appreciate what Google doing and going . People might bash Google about specs or notch but everyone has to add their skin to what software they make . They lead the changes that happens in software update version and security. And I love their experience you get on their phones .

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL. It has wireless charging, better cameras, IP68 rating, and it doesn't have the slow in-display fingerprint sensor.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Very tough choice indeed. As much as I liked the Pixel 2XL I had, the camera wasn't really a selling factor for me as I'm just not that good at photography. You can have the best camera in the world, but if you don't have an eye for a great picture it's still a bad or average photo taken with a great camera.

For almost 1/2 the cost I'm going to give the OP6T a shot and see what happens

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't sweat the negativity

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
This is a hard decision. The OnePlus is in the lead with pricing, memory options, under the display fingerprint sensor and carrier support. I'm still very interested in the Pixel 3.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I think anyone who doesn't think a phone is worth a thousand to 1500 bucks, and realizes they can get most of the same tech for a half to a third the price will be their market. And with the ridiculous price hikes this year, if they do things right they could be a big seller ;-)

Except that you don't need to spend $1,000 - 1,500 for some significant additions. You can get a Samsung Galaxy S9 for $600. The Pixels start a bit higher - they range from $800 through $1,000 which is for the Larger one with added storage.

Yes, it IS definitely more expensive, but not necessary quite as much as you are claiming. Then you have to ask how much of a difference the additional tech is worth.

The One Plus seems like a nice phone, but it's really not such a slam dunk. People who are buying Pixles (or Samsungs, etc.) are not necessarily just blindly paying top dollar for useless frills.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
6T is a great choice if you don't care about best camera, platform update and monthly security updates. OnePlus does have faster platform updates compared to others and they said they will do bi monthly security updates so not very bad. One thing I think they regressed is that gimmicky in-display fingerprint over the traditional fingerprint. Hearing on AC podcast and others looks like a downgrade. If you are considering OnePlus you are better off with OnePlus 6 which is same internals as 6T but also has a headphone jack and actual fingerprint sensor. Only thing you can't buy directly from them and you might have to buy used elsewhere.

I personally would still go for Pixel since that's the best overall Android experience for me but everyone has different needs and preferences so depends.

I'm same with you. The price range for 6t is durable, but unlimited storage from Google is plus. That in-display fingerprint is something they throw it out to test if consumer want it. Heck, I'm not sure if any screen protector will work LOL.

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So i initially purchased a pixel 3 128gb in white. I returned it due to some damage it received during shipping and a damaged power button. While waiting i was looking around. With a student discount from samsung you can get the note 9 for 924. For what you get from the pixel i do not believe it justifies it's price. I just don't think it is ready yet to complete with note 9 and iphone x at their points. In terms of design it is still at least a year behind it just feels like they did not go the extra mile for a device at that price point. With that i decided to hold off on the pixel 3.
The oneplus 6t is not for everyone but one thing you must remember is price. 530. Or if you are on T-Mobile then 280 with a trade in. For a majority of people that will be hard to beat. Do you get everything? No but 80 percent of the features at 60 percent of the price is interesting. It is almost like the iPhone xr vs the xs to an extent

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
In terms of unlimited photo storage with all the money you save on the OnePlus 6t you can buy 2tb of Google drive for 3 years and store all photos and videos at full resolution anyway

BrendoTheKing

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site
If you can take advantage of any trade in offers on the 6T it may be a no brainer. $550 is an insane price for a phone packing that much. Especially if you can trade a phone in.

Or just get the 6. It is a very similar in specs and keeps a headphone jack. If you can find a deal this may be the way to go.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If you can take advantage of any trade in offers on the 6T it may be a no brainer. $550 is an insane price for a phone packing that much. Especially if you can trade a phone in.

Or just get the 6. It is a very similar in specs and keeps a headphone jack. If you can find a deal this may be the way to go.

I would rather have a bigger battery,smaller notch and give up the headphone jack

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

For reasons I'm yet to comprehend, Pixels seem to garner an incredible amount of attention and dramatics. I honestly, don't understand why. Perhaps uttering the words "Google" attracts a lot of attention an, in turn, clicks/views.

I'll say this, the number of people who actually own or have ever bought a Pixel are incredibly low and I mean tiny in relative terms. Yet one would be hard pressed to tell that by the amount of controversy and comments about them, both good and bad.

Bon Hernandez

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
To add on to my earlier comment, if Google fixes memory issues, the weird wireless charging issue, and hidng the notch natively (and probably other stuff that can be updated), then the Google pixel 3 hands would be a legit choice over all the other phones