Pixel 3 XL vs Oneplus 6T

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The biggest deciding factor for me in choosing Pixel phones is the unlimited backup of original high quality photos to Google photos. I travel to Japan twice a year and take loads of pictures.

I backup locally to NAS but have been relying on the Google picture backup as off-site redundant storage.

I am quite pissed that Google will not support unlimited backups of photos after 2022. Google is sneaky by changing their back up policy, this will force Google Android users to invest in storage subscriptions.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The biggest deciding factor for me in choosing Pixel phones is the unlimited backup of original high quality photos to Google photos. I travel to Japan twice a year and take loads of pictures.

I backup locally to NAS but have been relying on the Google picture backup as off-site redundant storage.

I am quite pissed that Google will not support unlimited backups of photos after 2022. Google is sneaky by changing their back up policy, this will force Google Android users to invest in storage subscriptions.

well, i wouldn't worry too much about the unlimited backups if you are a Pixel user. As long as you buy another Pixel before 2022 you will be fine. Even if you do switch to another phone, the pictures you uploaded already will stay at full res. If you do switch, you won't get unlimited full rez back up anyway so really wouldn't make a difference.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
debating the pros and cons of each. I really hate the notch, love the camera on the Pixel
but it's so damn expensive it has be considering the 6T, which the real question is camera quality and how well that in display fingerprint sensor will work.
Using the 6t now. The fingerprint sensor works instantly about 80% of the time. I wouldn't say it's a gimmick but it is not really ready for prime time. The camera is the best that has been on a OP phone but is not really up to the standard set by my Pixel 2 XL. I'm disappointed with the phone and traded my OPO in to get and that is a hell of a deal. I will stick with 6t for a couple more weeks and then switch back. My wife or son will switch over to it then.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just received my OnePlus 6T from OnePlus today. The small notch is definitely a win compared to the 3 XL but obviously 3 XL has the awesome dual cameras on the front. Surprisingly enough the in display fingerprint works great.
Miss wireless charging as usual on 6T and big downgrade in display compared to 3 XL honestly. If I use the 3 XL for some time and then come to 6T it's immediately noticeable and makes me not use the 6T. Great speed, performance but display might be deal breaker so much so I might decide not to keep the 6T.

cerps1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
A friend of of friend also has a pixel 3 and 6T, and his comments are the same as you. I was looking a month ago and couldn't pull the trigger on the rumored pixel 3 pricing. 6T was a consideration since it would work with verizon, but decided since verizon option was new, i didn't trust verizon for great support and service in my area, weak signal. Went with a pixel 2, with the discount they offered before the 3 release, and it has worked great for me, signal hasn't dropped once that I've noticed yet. I'm content to wait to see what shakes out with OnePlus and verizon going forward.

Rob Valencia

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
Just received my OnePlus 6T from OnePlus today. The small notch is definitely a win compared to the 3 XL but obviously 3 XL has the awesome dual cameras on the front. Surprisingly enough the in display fingerprint works great.
Miss wireless charging as usual on 6T and big downgrade in display compared to 3 XL honestly. If I use the 3 XL for some time and then come to 6T it's immediately noticeable and makes me not use the 6T. Great speed, performance but display might be deal breaker so much so I might decide not to keep the 6T.

I did notice the difference in the screen resolution when I went to scope the 6t at TMobile. Coming from an essential phone I just want a better camera experience so I should probably just get the pixel

Bon Hernandez

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
I'm surprised this thread is still going. A photographer friend of mine just traded in his Pixel 2 XL for the OnePlus 6T. UI experience, memory management, teardrop notch, battery life, battery charging, and heck even the pricetag (even though he spends thousands on camera tech), and gaming are a huge plus compared to any pixel phone. All my friends who traded in their pixel 2 misses the camera on it though, but not so much since the APK can be downloaded for better camera on the OnePlus phones. Also video recording is way better on the OnePlus compared to the pixel 3.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
A lot of phones offers great camera these days. Only low light is were it matters. OEMs are copying Huawei long exposure mode for low light and now we'll be getting a lot of great low light pictures. I'd go with 6T for the price.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Picked you the 6t as well. I'm enjoying it. Downloaded the Pixel camera app. Works fine. Pictures are better for sure but not up to the Pixel line. The 6t is fast. Very fast and fluid. Lots of little customizations in the settings to really personalize your phone.

I miss wireless charging though. But overall when considering the price difference I'm glad I switched from my 3XL to the 6t. I can totally see why if your heavy into photos you would stick with the Pixel. Camera is amazing on it. For me though I don't take a lot of photos. Most of my camera roll is memes to send out to people lol. My wife shares her Google photos with me so I can see photos of our kids and such. Lol. Gotta stay current on the meme game lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Picked you the 6t as well. I'm enjoying it. Downloaded the Pixel camera app. Works fine. Pictures are better for sure but not up to the Pixel line. The 6t is fast. Very fast and fluid. Lots of little customizations in the settings to really personalize your phone.

I miss wireless charging though. But overall when considering the price difference I'm glad I switched from my 3XL to the 6t. I can totally see why if your heavy into photos you would stick with the Pixel. Camera is amazing on it. For me though I don't take a lot of photos. Most of my camera roll is memes to send out to people lol. My wife shares her Google photos with me so I can see photos of our kids and such. Lol. Gotta stay current on the meme game lol.

I like the little touch they put when you go in settings About phone.

Attachments

• 182.jpg
    182.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 61