Pixel 3 XL vs Oneplus 6T

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
debating the pros and cons of each. I really hate the notch, love the camera on the Pixel
but it's so damn expensive it has be considering the 6T, which the real question is camera quality and how well that in display fingerprint sensor will work.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
The pixel 3 will still have the better camera. But all cameras these days are so similar it’s not funny. There’s a better resolution on the 3xl, with a smaller screen.

I personally will probably grab a 6t. 549 for 6gb of ram and 128 storage is insane. Only con I can see is warranty support and one plus data breeches they’ve had.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna trade my old v20 and pickup the 6t for under $300, which is pretty nuts. If the 6t camera is a big step down from my 2xl, I'll just sell it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the 6 128 gb storage and 8gb ram and it's a great device, camera is not great like pixel but it's good

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Op 5t/6 had better lowlight than pixel in general and now they have their own night shot so we’ll have to see
OnePlus night version is an improved HDR and not all of the AI smarts Google does with their Pixel. It might be better in any OnePlus phones but doubt it will be any close to a Pixel.

DraconisV

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
How's the Customer Service in the US? I'm wondering/hoping it'll be better now that the 6T is launching with T-Mobile.

I'm hearing that the fingerprint sensor is slower than other standard sensors. However, the placement under the screen is better than the on back, IMO.

Supposedly, there's better camera features coming that might bring it a little closer, but not equal to the P3XL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How's the Customer Service in the US? I'm wondering/hoping it'll be better now that the 6T is launching with T-Mobile.

I'm hearing that the fingerprint sensor is slower than other standard sensors. However, the placement under the screen is better than the on back, IMO.

Supposedly, there's better camera features coming that might bring it a little closer, but not equal to the P3XL.

I never had to call customer support, but you can check the forum out in one plus

Delnic

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I think that the higher price of the pixel is not justified.
Ok, the pixel cam is the best, but the 6t is as good (and even better sometime) on others specs

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
You know, I watched their presentation today and they have an interesting offering.. Nothing I would trade my Pixel 3 for, but interesting nevertheless. Company has some reputational baggage that would slow me down from a purchase, tho. Well that and a couple of other things that are my specific to my use case.

Glad they got their Verizon monkey off their back and inked a deal with T-mobile as well. Good for them!

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think that the higher price of the pixel is not justified.
Ok, the pixel cam is the best, but the 6t is as good (and even better sometime) on others specs

So how much is more tech worth? Better camera, water resistance and wireless charging? These are all improvements/upgrades that the 6t doesn't have. This tech isn't free so the cost to play has to be passed on to consumers for development of software/A.I. and hardware. R&D isn't cheap and Google isn't going to eat that. OnePlus makes nice stuff but they are using standard tech and not putting in cutting edge R&D into their phones like Samsung, Huawei and Google. Just my thoughts.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
6T is a great choice if you don't care about best camera, platform update and monthly security updates. OnePlus does have faster platform updates compared to others and they said they will do bi monthly security updates so not very bad. One thing I think they regressed is that gimmicky in-display fingerprint over the traditional fingerprint. Hearing on AC podcast and others looks like a downgrade. If you are considering OnePlus you are better off with OnePlus 6 which is same internals as 6T but also has a headphone jack and actual fingerprint sensor. Only thing you can't buy directly from them and you might have to buy used elsewhere.

I personally would still go for Pixel since that's the best overall Android experience for me but everyone has different needs and preferences so depends.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So how much is more tech worth? Better camera, water resistance and wireless charging? These are all improvements/upgrades that the 6t doesn't have. This tech isn't free so the cost to play has to be passed on to consumers for development of software/A.I. and hardware. R&D isn't cheap and Google isn't going to eat that. OnePlus makes nice stuff but they are using standard tech and not putting in cutting edge R&D into their phones like Samsung, Huawei and Google. Just my thoughts.

Yes not ip water resistant , yes no Al,yes no wireless charging.

Yes first phone to American market with in display fingerprint sensor,yes fastest wired charging,yes first phone 2018 gorilla glass 6 ? Didn't hear anyone else.. there at 5. Base storage 128gb, base ram 6gb 845 chip for 530 .00 that's not bad is it ?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes not ip water resistant , yes no Al,yes no wireless charging.

Yes first phone to American market with in display fingerprint sensor,yes fastest wired charging,yes first phone 2018 gorilla glass 6 ? Didn't hear anyone else.. there at 5. Base storage 128gb, base ram 6gb 845 chip for 530 .00 that's not bad is it ?

So since you are a fan of the brand, you like your 6, what market are they going for IYO? Is this supposed to be a flagship killer or king of the mid-range or something else?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So since you are a fan of the brand, you like your 6, what market are they going for IYO? Is this supposed to be a flag**** killer or king of the mid-range or something else?

Yeah I'm a fan of one plus , don't know what they shooting for but they are doing a lot right and didn't increase the price and added a bigger battery . They now join American carrier and also will work on Verizon. Will see how far they will go.

I won't upgrade to the T because I like the 6 maybe the 7

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I'm a fan of one plus , don't know what they shooting for but they are doing a lot right and didn't increase the price and added a bigger battery . They now join American carrier and also will work on Verizon. Will see how far they will go.

I won't upgrade to the T because I like the 6 maybe the 7

Roger that. The launch event was interesting, but I kept wondering who's a good user case for this phone...

Sidenote: Apparently, I misspelled FLAGSHIP in my previous post... so Edit City there. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1