Pixel 5 battery drain idle issue?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Saw this article below and thought it was interesting because this is the first time I heard this. I've heard nothing but positive reviews and comments from youtubers and forums that they have amazing battery on their pixel 5 especially the stand by.

I'm still so amazed how great the stand by battery is on this phone. I can leave it off the charger all night and it hardly even drains 1-2% for me.

How is everyone's battery experience been with your pixel 5's?

https://www.androidauthority.com/pixel-5-battery-drain-idle-issue-1201056/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't seen any complaining on here or other forums yet. Wonder if this is made up by Apple to kill off Pixel sales....
If some users are experiencing a issue in that forum , my suggestion is look for 3rd party app causing it, this phones battery is very good .

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't seen any complaining on here or other forums yet. Wonder if this is made up by Apple to kill off Pixel sales....

So far, here's one setting that I have completely turned off, and have noticed a substantial battery drain decrease. Turn of always listening for music recognition. So far, ever since I have turned that feature off, my Google Play serves battery drain has been very minimal. Yeah I agree with HyperM3 in the fact that I also haven't seen too many other complaints regarding Pixel 5 battery life. Well, I wouldn't put it past Apple, that's for sure. lol I haven noticed that the battery per charge definitely has much more endurance. I keep on testing my battery life, but so far, so good!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So far, here's one setting that I have completely turned off, and have noticed a substantial battery drain decrease. Turn of always listening for music recognition. So far, ever since I have turned that feature off, my Google Play serves battery drain has been very minimal. Yeah I agree with HyperM3 in the fact that I also haven't seen too many other complaints regarding Pixel 5 battery life. Well, I wouldn't put it past Apple, that's for sure. lol I haven noticed that the battery per charge definitely has much more endurance. I keep on testing my battery life, but so far, so good!
I love that always listening setting since I'm always looking up music that's playing in the background of where I am. I haven't noticed any battery issue. I literally cannot kill this thing.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I love that always listening setting since I'm always looking up music that's playing in the background of where I am. I haven't noticed any battery issue. I literally cannot kill this thing.

Yeah, I hear ya! I mean for me it's a cool, useful, and nifty feature. However, since I've turned that feature completely off, I do notice a quite significant decrease on battery life drain. For me and my priority list for features on my phone, It's definitely nice to have, but I don't need it on. I'd rather have the better battery life. But yeah, it's certainly an awesome feature, that's for sure...you're definitely definitely right about that one!

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya! I mean for me it's a cool, useful, and nifty feature. However, since I've turned that feature completely off, I do notice a quite significant decrease on battery life drain. For me and my priority list for features on my phone, It's definitely nice to have, but I don't need it on. I'd rather have the better battery life. But yeah, it's certainly an awesome feature, that's for sure...you're definitely definitely right about that one!
how'd you turn it off
PTRhm9o.gif

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
how'd you turn it off
PTRhm9o.gif

All you've got to do is go to settings>sound & vibration> now playing. I mean, yeah the feature is awesome, i just don't need to have it on for myself. I'd rather save the battery vs being able to identify music around me. That's just my opinion of things. ;)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
7346157D-EA09-4AE8-B5F1-F70D43B9A397.jpgB3D0C55F-E166-419D-A2E9-C9DE1509E75E.jpg02E5F36F-C76E-4F09-8155-2FCD12528900.jpg5E3394CB-9B5D-40B5-A605-40442B05C6A4.jpg

, For the past week or so I’ve been testing my phones battery and unbeknownst to me, what I did was leave the beta program for the Google app, uninstall updates of the Google app, and also install updates from chrome, and check out the battery life! Not just that, but between the Google app and chrome, performance is that much smoother if you can believe it!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 332436View attachment 332437View attachment 332438View attachment 332440

, For the past week or so I’ve been testing my phones battery and unbeknownst to me, what I did was leave the beta program for the Google app, uninstall updates of the Google app, and also install updates from chrome, and check out the battery life! Not just that, but between the Google app and chrome, performance is that much smoother if you can believe it!
Dear lord that's insane. Maybe I should try leaving the betas too.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Dear lord that's insane. Maybe I should try leaving the betas too.

Dude, I couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on with my phone. I was enrolled in all the beta programs for all the core Google apps that we use. Figuring that was the best way to do it. Clearly not so much ha ha Ha...only charged my phone a little bit in the car with your android auto this morning, and it’s still going strong and 30%. Wowzers... so try uninstalling the Google app updates on the play store. I know we should keep the apps up to date, but so far is smooth and the battery life is pretty damn good!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have that setting on and it's not draining battery, might want look at 5g and turn off as that can eat battery, also I don't opt in Google beta apps as they can cause battery or glitches .

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have that setting on and it's not draining battery, might want look at 5g and turn off as that can eat battery, also I don't opt in Google beta apps as they can cause battery or glitches .

Oh yeah, not just the betas, but apparently the update to the Google app in general. And yeah I have 5G turned off from the gecko from when my phone is brand new.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah, not just the betas, but apparently the update to the Google app in general. And yeah I have 5G turned off from the gecko from when my phone is brand new.
The Beta Google App update seems to have caused a myriad of issues. Going back to the public version is the solution. I went back to the public updated version and my issue was solved.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Beta Google App update seems to have caused a myriad of issues. Going back to the public version is the solution. I went back to the public updated version and my issue was solved.

what I also had to do was uninstall updated to my Google app in my Play Store. That also seemed to do the trick.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh no Mustang dude! With the updates uninstalled and unenrolled from the beta programs, no more battery drain. I never had realized that was the bad variable the culprit of all of this! ������������
Ahh very good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d