Pixel 7/7 Pro Reviews

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone trust a YouTube review? Google owns YouTube. You think these guys want to get banned?
I don't believe that to be true. Tons bashed the pixel 6 pro and their accounts are still intact. Truth is a couple days is not really a substantial amount of time to review a phone especially if you aren't using it as your daily driver.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
They have a valid complaint though. I probably would've waited to get the 6P if I knew the reception was as trash as it is. Getting that info is important when choosing a device bc, as we tend to forget, it's still a phone lol.

So telling someone to get it isn't a good idea when the people paid to do it can tell us the info

Because you have a return window. Trusting someone else's experience isn't a good idea. The reception isn't trash on the p6p, if I'd listen to you I wouldn't have this phone to find out it has ok signal, not terrific but I don't drop calls, the signal just isn't as strong as my other phones.

If you can't decide whether or not it has a decent signal in that return window then I don't know what to tell you.

I tend to base my opinion on my experiences not some paid for experience.

Edit: also keep in mind these reviewers could be in areas that differ in signal than the areas you are in so their experience in that retrospect could be a very different experience than yours.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My take on reviews that state issues is that, unless every review claims the same, I assume some cross of user error or issue with that specific unit. Every Pixel I've ever owned has been crucified for having a litany of problems, and yet to date I have had virtually none (across Pixel XL, 2 XL, 3 XL, and 6 Pro).

Also worth noting that (to my knowledge) we don't know when the most recent updates were pushed out prior to release, so it could be that some users are having issues from not having updated or from having 3rd party apps they've installed that are not optimized properly and are causing contributing symptoms.

Hope yours is issue-free. I'm expecting mine to be, and will find out sometime tomorrow if FedEx stays on schedule.
Agree from 2xl,3xl,3a,4xl,5, 6pro

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't focus too much on ones opinion and review on such a virgin device. I will always take reviews into consideration, However that's about as far as their influence goes into dictating if I'm going to purchase and like a product.

At the end of the day, I will always be Judge, Jury and Executioner when it comes to product evaluation and satisfaction.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't focus too much on ones opinion and review on such a virgin device. I will always take reviews into consideration, However that's about as far as their influence goes into dictating if I'm going to purchase and like a product.

At the end of the day, I will always be Judge, Jury and Executioner when it comes to product evaluation and satisfaction.
Pretty much the way I feel

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

AMEN!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend against passing judgment on the device as a whole based on one single person's experience. It's entirely possible they may have had a bad device.

Absolutely do not disagree. I will take the approach of listening to anyone and everyone who has an opinion on it. The reviews mean a lot to me bc of how bad it is with the 6P so I don't want to make the same mistake twice

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Because you have a return window. Trusting someone else's experience isn't a good idea. The reception isn't trash on the p6p, if I'd listen to you I wouldn't have this phone to find out it has ok signal, not terrific but I don't drop calls, the signal just isn't as strong as my other phones.

If you can't decide whether or not it has a decent signal in that return window then I don't know what to tell you.

I tend to base my opinion on my experiences not some paid for experience.

Edit: also keep in mind these reviewers could be in areas that differ in signal than the areas you are in so their experience in that retrospect could be a very different experience than yours.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

How long is the return window? Not only that, some people don't necessarily have situations where they can properly test things before that window elapses. For instance, I work from home and in my neighborhood, in small town Midwest, things work great! It isn't until I get into larger cities where everything goes to crap. When I'm driving down the highway and Waze stutters bc the connection is lost (which never happened until this 6P). I'm not going to drive to a larger city to test out cellular connection and see if I can get service in the middle of downtown in a city of almost a million people. In there, it should work all the time and has until my 6P

Edit: And this isn't limited to just "professional" reviews. Everyone in this forum will play a part in my decision as well. I look forward to reading what everyone has to say

Last edited:

davedigital

Oct 13, 2022
Visit site
I don't watch any of these videos. I have bought my Pixel 7 Pro and I will be testing it on my own. If I hadn't bought it, I would wait around 3-6 months and then would start to look for some latest reviews. These "Youtubers" want to tell me how the battery of Pixel good or poor is, even when they didn't even test it more than week! Nowadays every "tech reviewer" wants to be the fastest one because of views... So no, thanks.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I disagree that just because "they" are not complaining about certain vital issues that those issues do not exist! These so-called pro reviewers are all SHILLS to a certain extent. Let's be real here, they may not be getting paid directly by Google or any other OEM but if they were to SLAM any of them as they might deserve then how many more "free" phones do you think they would receive for future reviews? If the OEM pulls the plug then these people who are making a living off of these review videos would be in the unemployment line!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
https://www.dxomark.com/smartphones/Google/Pixel-7-Pro

Rated #1 overall for camera, #2 overall for display, # 3 overall for selfie.

Of course, the most important word in that line is "overall" - there are areas where the phone dominates, and others where it lags. While rated #1 overall for camera, it didn't actually take the #1 spot in any single category. Depending on relative value one assigns to different aspects of performance (and subjective preferences), the new 7-series might be the best choice, or trail behind other devices.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Overall the Tensor G2 in the 7 is equal to the 6 in Android Authority's testing, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Both processor's get the job done just fine. The one important improvement is the G2 handles thermal throttling much better under extreme stress testing in the gaming department, so for extended gaming sessions it will give a much more consistent performance. They only tested the Tensor/G2, I still haven't heard anything about better modem/connectivity performance ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-tensor-g2-benchmark-test-3219452/

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If they had made the camera bar and frame black I'd have been all in on the white one. Just one day of handling my obsidian and I'm already annoyed with the fingerprints. Won't be an issue when the case arrives though. May order a matte black dbrand as well.

An all black bar, on a white phone would have been awesome.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm loving my 7 Pro. The only 'problems' I'm having is with the color and the slipperiness. I'll get my case tomorrow. The hazel color is more a muted grey-green. If I had seen the color in person I would have passed on it.

That said, I love the macro shots!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I've been lucky... My recent(!) phones from Google have been... Nexus 6p, pixel 2xl,pixel 5 and 6 pro... All have performed well for me and the 7 Pro has refined, for me, the great 6 pro experience... Just my opinion...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My P7Ps modem definitely has better reception, not quite like my S22 Ultra, but better than my P6P has. I really like my new phone...a lot!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance