Pixel Bluetooth issues

dmbrown81

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I did have something strange happen to that has never happened when I had my note 5. My pixel is synced to my dodge caravan and my wife texted me and uconnect kept asking me to hear the text message after I already listened to it. It was like a broken record. I eventually just turned off my Bluetooth on my phone. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

jstevensdk7

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Can pair audio but cannot pair phone, Chevy sonic. Silly how this basic task can still fail in the year 2016 on a "flagship phone". No problem with all previous Samsung phones to same vehicle. First few attempts failed did not get to code. Fourth attempt got past code but pair link on phone just flashes connected disconnected repeatedly.

Jilly C

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
hi,

I have a 2013 Renault Clio and my Pixel will pair but then immediately disconnects, I've tried all the fixes I can think of. I also have my phone paired with a Huawei watch and a fitbit, but I am reluctant to unpair it with other devices.. why should I! My previous phone (HTC one M8) worked perfectly with all devices and the car.

This is a real deal breaker for me, I use handsfree calling in my car all the time plus listen to podcasts etc. I expected better from a top of the range phone!

Hoping for updates soon

jilly

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Having Bluetooth issues my self 2015 Camaro pixel XL will connect then disconnect immediately tried trouble shooting no luck. Oddly my pebble is fine and my Bluetooth aux adapter is fine

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
this is gonna be a nightmare for me if it doesnt connect to my 2015 GMC canyon, ill have to replace it till i find one that does connect

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Can pair audio but cannot pair phone, Chevy sonic. Silly how this basic task can still fail in the year 2016 on a "flagship phone". No problem with all previous Samsung phones to same vehicle. First few attempts failed did not get to code. Fourth attempt got past code but pair link on phone just flashes connected disconnected repeatedly.

No issue with my 2016 Chevy Colorado... Doing a simple comparison like X phone can do it, why can't my Pixel is not really proper troubleshooting and does not accurately determine that the issue is with the phone.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue in my car (2015 BMW 328) with the Nexus 5X and still have the same problem with the Pixel. Not sure why the phone can override the radio, but Google Maps (or Waze for that matter) can not.

What I find even more annoying is if I'm listening to a Podcast on Google Play Music (which means my phone is the main source of audio) and using Google Maps - the sound cuts out when Maps says something - but I can never hear it. The podcast just cuts out, I hear silence for a few seconds, and then the podcast comes back on.

Anyone have any suggestion?

I have the same issue in my Chevy. No sound when map directions are called out, unless I am on a call, then I hear them. Of course when I am on a call I don't really want to hear them. On my Ford and Chrysler this wasn't an issue. This is with an LG4 btw, so it seems it is an issue with our car's blue tooth rather than the phones.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
No issue with my 2016 Chevy Colorado... Doing a simple comparison like X phone can do it, why can't my Pixel is not really proper troubleshooting and does not accurately determine that the issue is with the phone.

When Google tries to promote this Pixel phone as a consumer product as simple to use as an iPhone, simple everyday scenarios like Bluetooth pairing and reading google maps directions over bluetooth shouldn't have to be troubleshot by consumers. In my same car, my wife's iPhone 6 works perfectly in bluetooth performance, and she is 100% non-technie. The Pixel should work the same way, it doesn't.

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
When Google tries to promote this Pixel phone as a consumer product as simple to use as an iPhone, simple everyday scenarios like Bluetooth pairing and reading google maps directions over bluetooth shouldn't have to be troubleshot by consumers. In my same car, my wife's iPhone 6 works perfectly in bluetooth performance, and she is 100% non-technie. The Pixel should work the same way, it doesn't.

I get that, but using the same logic I can say that my Pixel works flawlessly and effortlessly in my 2016 Chevy and my wife's 2014 Mazda as did my iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7 Edge, and my wife's Galaxy S6...

I'm not trying to discount any of the issues anyone is having, but questioning if this is truly a Pixel "problem".

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I get that, but using the same logic I can say that my Pixel works flawlessly and effortlessly in my 2016 Chevy and my wife's 2014 Mazda as did my iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7 Edge, and my wife's Galaxy S6...

I'm not trying to discount any of the issues anyone is having, but questioning if this is truly a Pixel "problem".

Well I'm having bluetooth issues with my Pixel in:

1. 2013 Toyota Sienna
2. 2010 Toyota Matrix -- using a plug-in bluetooth receiver (SoundBot SB360 Bluetooth 4.0)
3. Anker bluetooth speaker.
4. Anker bluetooth earbuds

My phone connects to all 4 of these bluetooth devices quickly and easily, however when I play music over bluetooth on any of these devices, I get intermittent "skips" or "stutters" in songs. I can either point the finger at 4 separate bluetooth devices, or point the finger at my phone. It seems to me that it's the phone causing the issue since it's occurring on various different devices.

Edit: for my Matrix I'm using this:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5521977

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm having bluetooth issues with my Pixel in:

1. 2013 Toyota Sienna
2. 2010 Toyota Matrix -- using a plug-in bluetooth receiver that uses my car's aux plug to transmit over radio
3. Anker bluetooth speaker.
4. Anker bluetooth earbuds

My phone connects to all 4 of these bluetooth devices quickly and easily, however when I play music over bluetooth on any of these devices, I get intermittent "skips" or "stutters" in songs. I can either point the finger at 4 separate bluetooth devices, or point the finger at my phone. It seems to me that it's the phone causing the issue since it's occurring on various different devices.

Edit: for my Matrix I'm using this:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5522018

And I agree that logically point to the phone makes sense. However, the issue could be with your individual phone (i.e. you received a bad one or a bad BT module). If we performed the same test with my phone or someone else that's not experiencing the same problem (remember, majority of users don't post on forums), we may see a different result.

Not saying this is happening, but even if everyone in this thread that is reporting an issue had a "bad" Pixel, that would make up way less than 1% sold. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that this isn't necessarily a Pixel problem, but just like any other device, there may be bad units out there.

P.S. - I have also tested my Pixel with my Bose SoundSport wireless, Razer Leviathan, and my wife's cheap iHome bluetooth speaker that flashes colors and stuff.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
jd78 said:
And I agree that logically point to the phone makes sense. However, the issue could be with your individual phone (i.e. you received a bad one or a bad BT module). If we performed the same test with my phone or someone else that's not experiencing the same problem (remember, majority of users don't post on forums), we may see a different result.

Not saying this is happening, but even if everyone in this thread that is reporting an issue had a "bad" Pixel, that would make up way less than 1% sold. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that this isn't necessarily a Pixel problem, but just like any other device, there may be bad units out there.

P.S. - I have also tested my Pixel with my Bose SoundSport wireless, Razer Leviathan, and my wife's cheap iHome bluetooth speaker that flashes colors and stuff.

No issues with google play music streaming music and "stutters"? I'm wondering if it's an issue where a factory wipe/reset of the phone is needed?

bubbad3

May 26, 2011
Visit site
One day when I have time to kill I'm going to fire up the Pixel 24/7 support for the Google Maps bluetooth issue. See if the live rep has any suggestions for me that actually work....

That's not a good idea. I tried it, spent over an hour, and they were reading off a script. Never even understood our problem...

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
This is the first phone that doesnt connect properly to my vehicle. And I am amazed on how pissed off I am. I have a 2012 Suburban, so it will pair connect then drop the connection. I did various things to try to get it to work but its the same results. Somethings broke.

Same issue for me in a 2012 GMC 2500HD. Phone pairs, connects, then immediately disconnects. Never had any issues with a plethora of other android phones.