Please help..S7 Edge - USB Audio in Car

sLithery

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem it worked with my old phone(S3 mini) since they updated my phone it stopped working. So I think it's Androids fault. You may need a new radio. :/

Posted via the Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just curious but are maybe your expectations wrong. Can your radio play music from a flash drive. I am not familiar with USB audio passthrough, but could you simply put music on your phone then use it as a flash drive so your head unit could play music from it.

I would also point out this isn't a limitation of the phone, but your car.

Posted via the Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I suspect the problem with USB is not that that Android can't present the audio via USB, because a memory stick does not present audio at USB, i think its that Apple/Memory Stick presents the MP3 folder as the root of the device and that with Android the car is not smart enough to find the MP3 folder.

Oh, btw, i have one of those BT plug into Aux devices and it works great on my Luddite cars.

byron hopp

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible for an App to be written which emulates this behavior. In the setup of the app set the root folder even if it is not the root folder of the file system? Almost like mapping a drive to a specific folder.

Byron ...

kendonsh

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible for an App to be written which emulates this behavior. In the setup of the app set the root folder even if it is not the root folder of the file system? Almost like mapping a drive to a specific folder.

Byron ...

When I plug my android into my Chevy (2012 equinox) it says certified for Vista and it plays whatever music I have on the internal storage on my phone not the SD card. The phone's I used to were my Note 7, S7 Edge, Note 5, note 4 I think. I can't remember if it did for my LG phones that I had before but I can say it did with my Samsungs. It just doesn't do audio pass-through just MP3 files that are on the device.

Edit:
So ran a test on my way home and it can see the music on my SD too. I'm using a note 7 with a 200gb card. I currently use an iPhone to play Pandora in the car due to a lack of audio passthrough on my Android. But it's good to know I can start up my MP3 collection on my phone again if I wanted to. Hopefully my next car has Android auto lol.

Last edited:

Ricardo Esparza

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem connecting my pioneer car stereo to my android via usb until I discovered that pioneer makes an android app to fix this. I just had to download the app onto my phone, switch the app on and then reconnect the USB and than I was able to play the music in my android's music folder using the stereo to navigate. Maybe your stereo manufacturer makes one as well or maybe you can find a universal one but it is worth the research because I have to tell you that the music quality coming from my android is much better than it was with my iPhone in fact it sounds like I've installed an amplifier in my car.

Afcpats

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
My S7 came with a little white device that plugs into the bottom of my phone that says for USB connection. I haven't used it yet as I wasn't quite sure what it was for. Maybe this is what it is for? I just got the phone a couple of days ago so I will try that out when I get home. I'm having the same issue in my work truck where my iPhone was working no problem through the USB.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My S7 came with a little white device that plugs into the bottom of my phone that says for USB connection. I haven't used it yet as I wasn't quite sure what it was for. Maybe this is what it is for? I just got the phone a couple of days ago so I will try that out when I get home. I'm having the same issue in my work truck where my iPhone was working no problem through the USB.
That is the OTG adapter. You can use it to charge other devices of your phone (never understood why we'd want to), plug USB drives into the phone to transfer data (useful) or to move data, settings, etc from our old phone to the S7. Most people use it to do the latter and then toss it into a drawer.

I have used mine to move data between the phone and thumb drives a couple times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter