Plethora of kernel questions that would be greatly appreciated if you can help.

Weapondrift

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I am turning to you guys for help please. First off I am not going to ask you "which kernel is better for me" because I already know that that question is relative. However I will give you a list of things that have worked in the past before for me but yet aren't working now and maybe just maybe you can steer me in the proper direction if I am going wrong.

At one time the automatic brightness specifically Light Sensor Levels on android was a set of numbers that were changable, however since 4.2.2. has been released this is no longer the case and they are a sliding bar instead. Now By long pressing on the numbers you can change them however instead of setting my levels at a specific number that number no longer exists or is accessible If you need the link to the xda thread where I got my numbers for a better understanding here it is [GUIDE] To Maximize Galaxy Nexus Battery | Galaxy Nexus > XDA Scroll down to Screen written in Green. One example is Lower 231 could at one time change the Light Sensor Level on the right (Screen) to 37 but in 4.2.2 the sliding bar doesn't let you go up that high

Second question: I have and underclocked and undervolted my Galaxy Nexus and at this point I just dropped all the voltages by -25% just to see how she would run this evening yet If I am playing a game or reading my kindle or even checking my email the back of my phone gets really really hot. I don't know the temperature but putting it to my cheek I can tell you it would make a great hand warmer on cold days which I know is a bad thing. What do you recommend if this happens regardless of if I change any kernel settings or keep them stock?

Another thing, If I am in Franco Kernel Settings and I change anything (performance/underclocking, etc) then I back out into Carbon Rom Settings which has a performance setting...do I need to make the same changes there as I did in Franco Kernel Settings?

Final Question: Ive already been reading about IO Deadline and Dirty Ratios and all that but honestly the more the kernel updates come out, the more additions come out so therefor the more confusing things are. Is any of that important to a novice like myself?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick