Poll: Do you use the Track Ball?

Do you use the Track Ball?

• Total voters

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Just like the title says, do you use the Track Ball on your Nexus One?

I could live without but there is the occasional time where I do find myself using it.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely never touch it unless I brush my finger on it accidentally. After having owned miltiple BB device with these trackballs, I know how dirty and grimy looking they get. Replacing dirty trackballs is a cottage industry over at Crackberry. I love that I never have to touch the thing and it will always stay nice and white.:)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Although I don't personally own a N1, I think its a nice touch to the device.

The different color notifications are cool.

Ditto.

Also, I think the Droid's light is a little weak and would like to have something more obvious when I have a new message like the trackball light.

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I like it, it's useful when I mess up a character a couple of sentences back -- it makes editing really easy..
As far as different colored notifications go -- I've been unable to set that up...

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I like it, it's useful when I mess up a character a couple of sentences back -- it makes editing really easy..
As far as different colored notifications go -- I've been unable to set that up...

I did notice that as well. Also, I don't think you can set the color. It just depends on different apps or alerts. (I think)

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Ditto.

Also, I think the Droid's light is a little weak and would like to have something more obvious when I have a new message like the trackball light.

Yeah, I agree about the Droid's light. But previous to using my 3GS, I had a few BBs so my eye is still trained to always notice the light -- lol!

miketlo

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I wish the track ball was more sensitive or it was adjustable! Im used to the one on my BB and its useful for editing text. Maybe there are that many more pixels to move and seems slower. It needs to be adjustable!

uniteddiamonds

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I wish the track ball was more sensitive or it was adjustable! Im used to the one on my BB and its useful for editing text. Maybe there are that many more pixels to move and seems slower. It needs to be adjustable!

That's a great idea! I wish it was adjustable too! Glad to see somebody else had the same idea. The trackball becomes very useful when editing text. It would be more useful, if I could adjust the sensitivity.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm an Eris user, but the design for the Eris and N1 is a little similar, and I use mine a bit..but I used to have a Sidekick LX, so I like trackballs. And I love color notations.

I don't use it that much, but I like to select links with it. You can also swap the homescreen pages with it but I usually just swipe.

And, I HAVE to use it to take a picture, which is lame.

Oh, but I DO use it for editing text in a text message or whatever. Pressing in the text box and hoping it lands in the place you want it is difficult.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but does anyone know how to set different trackball colors on the N1 for emails, talk, SMS, twitter, etc?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but does anyone know how to set different trackball colors on the N1 for emails, talk, SMS, twitter, etc?

You can't. At least not yet. Originally it was said to have this feature but when released it was no where to be found. It will flash white for all message. The only time it will flash a different color (blue) is on a incoming call when you have bluetooth turned on with a head set.