Poor coverage 3G/4G

Poor Reception

• Total voters

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm not talking about 4G, I'm talking just 3G. My Evo is terrible compared to my pre on the same network.

Last edited:

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have better coverage on the Evo so far. My Pre' would be on EVDO one second then 1X the next! Here at home I get full bars on the EVO and just got a couple on the Pre'.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Nothing but full bars here with all my Sprint phones here in Hawaii, Sprint magic is strong in the land of Aloha and this coming from a native New yorker!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
4G in most places is still in testing. Sprint/Clear have been throwing up 4G towers wherever possible just to get coverage; they haven't focused on the speed yet.

DxTcmix

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is being very smart on how they are rolling out 4G, they will ramp the speeds up gradually. Instead of just letting it roll full speed ahead and have questionable results. Basically they didnt roll out 4G "at&t style" lol

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
My Pre (both of them) will drop calls and data when the wind changed direction.

Havent had that problem yet on the EVO.

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
4G is working between 2 and 5 for me in Charlotte. It is highly variable though they seem to be working on it all the time I had a U300 before the EVO.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Prior to purchase of my EVO I checked out the Sprint coverage for 4G in my area.

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

I was pretty excited by what I found, with not only coverage in my area but I should be able to get a signal in a building as well.

4gcoverage.jpg

Yeah, not so much. I can't even sniff a 4G signal walking around outside of my home, much less inside.
I was able to get 4G in Roanoke TX today so I know it works.

I has a sad.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Ditto @ my house in Baltimore. Coverage maps show me fully covered by 4G, but I can't get even a whiff -- inside or out. I just got back from a few days in Austin, TX where I purchased my EVO and it seemed like 4G was everywhere. This is BS.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
This is still a great 3G phone as it is. I would expect the 4G coverage to improve greatly in the next couple years.

If you remember, 3G was pretty much crap in its first year or so.

reshp1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and 4g is pretty spotty. No reception in half the places I've tried, others I get full bars. I defintely notice better coverage outside vs inside.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine sits at 0-1 bars and maybe ill see a flash of signal every now and then.4G is out of the question. I will be returning to the Sprint store tomorrow night.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the suburbs of philly, n Sprint's map states full average, but I get one bar at most in the house.

Hoping my 4g connection will be great when I'm working in the city tomorrow. I'll report back.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
On my morning commute going into philly from the burns, & I have full 4g bars. Everything seems to be zippy.

Kind of bummed that 4G signal strength inside my home is subpar. But I knew based on reviews that 4G isn't good at penetrating buildings. Hopefully this is something Sprint can fix soon.

One thing I don't understand is if Sprint is sharing Clear's wimax why the Evo can't get signal inside buildings. My buddy's wireless adaptor gets great signal in my house. Any ideas?

UPDATE: this is hikarious, on my route there r several clear stores but my.4g sucks when I'm near them. Drops to poor or nothing.

Last edited:

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
On my morning commute going into philly from the burns, & I have full 4g bars. Everything seems to be zippy.

Kind of bummed that 4G signal strength inside my home is subpar. But I knew based on reviews that 4G isn't good at penetrating buildings. Hopefully this is something Sprint can fix soon.

One thing I don't understand is if Sprint is sharing Clear's wimax why the Evo can't get signal inside buildings. My buddy's wireless adaptor gets great signal in my house. Any ideas?

Wonder if this has anything to do with or connected to the sub-par Wi-Fi connections the Evo seems to be experiencing.

clorenger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in downtown Sacramento and am having terrible connections problems inside buildings - and that's just on 3G.

This is sooooo disappointing. I'm a 10-year Sprint customer and have never had this issue before on the Treo and Centro phones in the same buildings.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just went to the Sprint store to have my tested and it failed. I got my new back and now I'm up to 3-4 bars. I have not checked the wifi yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582