Poor coverage 3G/4G

Poor Reception

• Total voters

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
They ran a reception test and it failed two times in a row.

Yes I bought it at a sprint corporate store. I called in the mourning and they only had one left so they held it for me because they thought they might need to replace it.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
They ran a reception test and it failed two times in a row.

Yes I bought it at a sprint corporate store. I called in the mourning and they only had one left so they held it for me because they thought they might need to replace it.

I had no idea they tested the reception. Did this get rid of your problem?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah they said they were testing the reception and that it would take 45 minutes. I came back after 45 minutes and they said it failed. Now I have 3-4 bars at my house now. So yeah I am a happy evo owner again.

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here live in Honolulu, Hawaii tried out their 4G coverage?

Well for me im getting slower speeds inside and outside of my house with the 4G on. With 4G on i only get half the speeds that i get using 3G (~500kb for 4G and 1000kb for 3G) :( very disappointed with this crap. Dont even know why im paying the $10 bux for the 4G exp.

Same here (both Honolulu and Mililani). I turned off my 4G radio once I realized that the speed differences are negligible -- both around 1 mbps. :mad: My boss gets 2 mbps on VZW 3G and another guy gets 3 mbps on AT&T HSPA.

"Dear Sprint/Clear,

Did you forget to turn on 4G? It's a joke. GG.

- Hawaii"

blueorder

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My coverage in Carrollton, TX...

coverage.png

...dammit...

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guysquick question:
Does ur 3g signal fluctuate wildly while sitting in the same spot? My cell signal goes from 2 bars up to 4 or 5 every couple of seconds. Is this normal on Sprint?

I had ATT before n would never fluctuate this wildly in one spot.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey guysquick question:
Does ur 3g signal fluctuate wildly while sitting in the same spot? My cell signal goes from 2 bars up to 4 or 5 every couple of seconds. Is this normal on Sprint?

I had ATT before n would never fluctuate this wildly in one spot.

I think as long as it does not go to no signal. My pre did it and my second evo does it but the first one would drop to 0 bars and say no service. I know I am in a good sprint location. Maybe stop at a repair store and have them test your reception, that's what I did.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Houston:

Horrible...simply horrible. If I have to be outside and on the road then what good is 4G coverage? Overall, it's very disappointing. That penetrating through walls deal is a joke. They better get their stuff together or otherwise I'm exploiting the 30-day Sprint money back guarantee.

Last edited:

phonefusion

Nov 14, 2008
www.T4Show.com
I'm in CT and am having signal issues. I performed a side-by-side test with my friend's Touch Pro 2. He was getting 3 bars and EVDO while I got between 0-1 bar and data at all. I drove around as well and discovered drops in the EVO where the TP2 had none.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm in CT and am having signal issues. I performed a side-by-side test with my friend's Touch Pro 2. He was getting 3 bars and EVDO while I got between 0-1 bar and data at all. I drove around as well and discovered drops in the EVO where the TP2 had none.

take it back to have it tested.

DroidNRH

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Houston:

Horrible...simply horrible. If I have to be outside and on the road then what good is 4G coverage? Overall, it's very disappointing. That penetrating through walls deal is a joke. They better get their stuff together or otherwise I'm exploiting the 30-day Sprint money back guarantee.

We really love our phones, but the 3G signal is poor at my location.

I have ran several tests and I am averaging 400kbs.

In addition, the 3G loses signal frequently. This would not be so bad if we could get wifi past 10 ft .

As a comparison, my AT&T 3G signal is usually in the 1600 to 3200kbs range.

We cannot receive 4g in North Richland Hills. Tech support said we should have signal outside our house, but we don't.

I really like Android now that I have tried it and I really like Sprints prices, but come on .

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Attention everyone with 4G, don't use the Android speedtest apps as they don't test 4G very well. See the first post below. Even with 1 4G bar, I get get 4Mbps and up to 7Mbps with 2-3 bars.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/15481-post-your-highest-4g-performance-test.html

As far as Houston and early Clearwire markets, they may not have enough backhaul upgraded yet. With newer markets, they are using 30-40Mbps microwave backhaul and 100Mbps wired backhaul. In early Clearwire markets, it was much less and they are in the process of upgrading. Give it time.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have to say in areas where my Pre wouldn't get a dime worth of service yet alone let me do anything besides stare at the screen and watch my battery dwindle, the EVO yesterday really impressed me being in a known building with poor service and having 3 bars and full data to surf, download from the market etc ... 3G is what am talking about, no 4G even remotely yet ...

DroidNRH

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Update: Just drove from North Richland Hills, Tx to Fort Worth, Tx.

I went 820 to 121 to Belknap. I had zero 3G for the entire drive. I had zero 3G from Taylor to the Burnett building in downtown except for 3 seconds of 3G. I never had 4G.

As a side note, my iPad maintained 3G the entire time. Sigh....

Last edited:

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I live in Kennesaw GA. At home, even though the 3G symbol is lit, I have no bars on my signal strength and the typical Speedtest.net widget results are 200KBPS. Go figure...some parts of Kennesaw are on 4G. Me, I don't get even 3G. SIGH.