Post 4.4. Battery Issues

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all..

Looking for a little input. I know the note 3 has a monster battery but mine doesn't seem to be acting like it. In a typical day for me I'll spend 45 min in the morning with the screen on during my commute, browsing Web and social media. Then the phone is pretty much idle throughout the day except to answer maybe 30 or so texts throughout the day. End of day same thing about 45 min of surfing Web and social media.

Battery is usually down into the teens by the time I get home. I took some screen shots and will attach. Does this look normal? I'd think with the minimal usage I'd have a little more juice left.

Thoughts and thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Your android seems to be running fine according to the percentages. Hopefully there will be another update to fix this regard. Although Note 2 and Note 3 has the same battery, Note 3 battery life is not as good as Note 2. You can check out the full specs on phonearena.com

all4dom

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset right after the update, but I notice issues with battery life. Drains a little bit faster with kitkat. I noticed also the android os &; services use a little bit more power & also The screen seems to use a little bit more juice. I shut off the nfc, Samsung beam & some other things to try & regain some battery life back. I use to run Google now & I shut that off to. This stinks though because I do use some stuff & it's a shame that I have to shut it off.
My question is should I try another reset to see if it helps because I even notice some off my apps when I use them taking a little bit more juice then when I had jelly bean.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Try it and let us know. I noticed battery isn't as great as it use to be. Seems something is draining it more. Maybe we're just finger our notes a bit more with the update. Oh and what about that setting to auto login to WiFi when it can? Wouldn't that run looking for WiFi all the time?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app