The Pixel 5 battery is a beast.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree! My Pixel 5's battery is awesome as well! I can get the same 1.5-2 days of juice out of my battery per charge. It's really great for endurance!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Even with heavier usage of late, I'm still getting 31 hours left on average, between charges. Excellent!

Are you completely draining your battery down? See, I'm always USB charging my phone in the car for Android Auto, so i can never tell how long my battery actually lasts. haha

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you completely draining your battery down? See, I'm always USB charging my phone in the car for Android Auto, so i can never tell how long my battery actually lasts. haha

Nope! I never let it go into the 30% or less range. And I don't let it charge to 100%.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope! I never let it go into the 30% or less range. And I don't let it charge to 100%.

Oh wow gotcha. Yeah I never drain my battery all the way down either myself. It’s weird though because up until today, I’ve been using the SiriusXM app on my phone. And I’m just uninstalled it, and I’m playing around with pandora again. It might’ve been that SiriusXM app was hogging my battery which I never thought about. I mean sure, my battery stats said that the app was using 12-14% of battery but i figured that was just normal battery usage for steaming music. Mhmm…..

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow gotcha. Yeah I never drain my battery all the way down either myself. It’s weird though because up until today, I’ve been using the SiriusXM app on my phone. And I’m just uninstalled it, and I’m playing around with pandora again. It might’ve been that SiriusXM app was hogging my battery which I never thought about. I mean sure, my battery stats said that the app was using 12-14% of battery but i figured that was just normal battery usage for steaming music. Mhmm…..

Yeah, there are definitely some apps that are more power hungry than others! I have a photo editor app that is definitely greedier than some of my other apps!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there are definitely some apps that are more power hungry than others! I have a photo editor app that is definitely greedier than some of my other apps!

Yeah, I totally agree! However, I'm just not so sure why the Sirius XM app is so power hungry. It's just a streaming radio music app. Mhmm... I honestly never realized that before.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I totally agree! However, I'm just not so sure why the Sirius XM app is so power hungry. It's just a streaming radio music app. Mhmm... I honestly never realized that before.

It's definitely weird how some apps will randomly siphon more battery than others - especially when we wouldn't think that they would. Could it be because your radio app is looking (and finding, but still) for the signal and so the phone is working a bit harder than normal?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely weird how some apps will randomly siphon more battery than others - especially when we wouldn't think that they would. Could it be because your radio app is looking (and finding, but still) for the signal and so the phone is working a bit harder than normal?

You know dude, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because serious XM is an actual live streaming music radio app versus Pandora was just streams music like every other music app service. That's the only thing I can think of. Even when I'm done using Pandora either at the gym, or an Android auto in my car, I swipe away Pandora so it's not running the background.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You know dude, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because serious XM is an actual live streaming music radio app versus Pandora was just streams music like every other music app service. That's the only thing I can think of. Even when I'm done using Pandora either at the gym, or an Android auto in my car, I swipe away Pandora so it's not running the background.

That could very well be the case! Maybe because it's live and it's processing everything all at once, your battery discharges quicker.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That could very well be the case! Maybe because it's live and it's processing everything all at once, your battery discharges quicker.

Yeah, I have a funny feeling that the Sirius XM app battery drain is due to the "live broadcast" vs just streaming music via Spotify, Pandora, Youtube music, etc.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That could very well be the culprit!

haha, Yeah thanks! I bet you it is the culprit quite honestly! That just makes the most amount of sense to me at the end of the day... so-to-speak. I still have the SiriusXM app on my Windows 10 laptop, but I went back to using Pandora on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d