Post your Launchers

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
[Also Nova Prime.

Nova here. I hate supporting them, but they just have the best for what I need. At least I paid for it a long time ago before they went derp.

Have we seen evidence of their new owners doing something dodgy, or is it just your suspicion? A suspicion I would share, by the way.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
After I posted last night I finally decided to install Nova Prime. ...and instantly fell on love with it. Its nice to have options.

Sent from The Beast using Tapatalk
81e243098ddef2216a3c0beca9ef838a.jpg

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova because I am stuck using the same setup that I've become familiar with. I know where everything is on my 3 home screens. So I rarely change my Nova theme or layout anymore. Sometimes I will change my icons but I usually go back to the stock round Pixel icons or some variation of them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Nova Prime since 2014. I came for the badge counters and stayed for the subgrid-positioning and scrolling dock. But they are really dragging their heels with the latest 8.0.4 beta (8.0.3 came out in December~ish).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll input again. I use Nova on the S series, I use stock on the fold 4 since Nova does not support it and the task bar is nice on the fold and I use stock on my tablet for the same reason, the task bar.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 1065517

I quit using Nova for a few reasons as of yesterday.

Strike One: Gesture support is wonky depending on what phone you have. This isn't Nova's fault, but I'm not using half-baked gestures considering gestures are the way that I navigate through the phone.

Strike Two: Nova being acquired by Branch, a data mining company. Yes, the Branch parts of the current betas are voluntary. I just don't see how the default settings stays at "off" or if there will be a choice down to even switch it off down the road.

Strike Three: A report from the Mozilla Foundation was released yesterday rating Nova as "poor" because it shows the lowest degree of similarity between what's self-reported on Google's semi-newish Data Safety Form on the app page in the Play Store and Nova's actual privacy policy. Grant special permission for double-tap to sleep with these issues? Nope.

That report is here: https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/campaigns/googles-data-safety-labels/

I'm not the biggest fan of One UI, but it's good enough these days.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I quit using Nova for a few reasons as of yesterday.

Strike One: Gesture support is wonky depending on what phone you have. This isn't Nova's fault, but I'm not using half-baked gestures considering gestures are the way that I navigate through the phone.

Strike Two: Nova being acquired by Branch, a data mining company. Yes, the Branch parts of the current betas are voluntary. I just don't see how the default settings stays at "off" or if there will be a choice down to even switch it off down the road.

Strike Three: A report from the Mozilla Foundation was released yesterday rating Nova as "poor" because it shows the lowest degree of similarity between what's self-reported on Google's semi-newish Data Safety Form on the app page in the Play Store and Nova's actual privacy policy. Grant special permission for double-tap to sleep with these issues? Nope.

That report is here: https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/campaigns/googles-data-safety-labels/

I'm not the biggest fan of One UI, but it's good enough these days.
I'm wondering how this negatively affects users.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

D

Deleted member 1065517

I'm wondering how this negatively affects users.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

To Nova's credit... strike one isn't their fault and strike two is based off of Branch's history (but again Nova owned by Branch now).

Strike three is the one that's more "what the heck".

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
To Nova's credit... strike one isn't their fault and strike two is based off of Branch's history (but again Nova owned by Branch now).

Strike three is the one that's more "what the heck".
Yeah, strike 1 and 3 are concerning. I've been thinking about dumping Nova for a while.

I have looked at a couple l aunchers and hope some can assist with choosing.

The one feature I really need is multiple docks. I don't like to have icons all over the screen and would rather use docks than pages. I only have 2 screens. Main screen which I have clock and weather widgets and second screen with work and personal calendars. Pretty minimal.

I'm more than willing to pay if it works.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app. This is not a potato.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going back to the stock Pixel Launcher. Every other launcher has its quirks and annoyances that I can't put up with. The closest to Nova is Action Launcher. But I have tried to like action and never could for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

D

Deleted member 1065517

Yeah, strike 1 and 3 are concerning. I've been thinking about dumping Nova for a while.

I have looked at a couple launchers and hope some can assist with choosing.

The one feature I really need is multiple docks. I don't like to have icons all over the screen and would rather use docks than pages. I only have 2 screens. Main screen which I have clock and weather widgets and second screen with work and personal calendars. Pretty minimal.

I'm more than willing to pay if it works...

Wish I could help, but I'm usually one of those folks that find something they like and stick to it. Started out switching between Apex and Nova in my early android days before sticking with Nova with a little Lawnchair here and there. iIRC, Lawnchair has multiple dock pages, but this launcher had its own share of drama in the last year also.

Other than the above three, I dunno. Sorry.

I'm going back to the stock Pixel Launcher. Every other launcher has its quirks and annoyances that I can't put up with. The closest to Nova is Action Launcher. But I have tried to like action and never could for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

I love Pixels. Love my Pixel 7 Pro still. Their stock launcher is functional, but it's not fun.There's just not a whole lot you can do with it. But hey... it works pret-ty darn well.

Before their layoffs, I was hoping their Area 120 team would do something similar like Goodlock and make customization fun for Pixels. So much for that.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Wish I could help, but I'm usually one of those folks that find something they like and stick to it. Started out switching between Apex and Nova in my early android days before sticking with Nova with a little Lawnchair here and there. iIRC, Lawnchair has multiple dock pages, but this launcher had its own share of drama in the last year also.

Other than the above three, I dunno. Sorry.

I love Pixels. Love my Pixel 7 Pro still. Their stock launcher is functional, but it's not fun.There's just not a whole lot you can do with it. But hey... it works pret-ty darn well.

Before their layoffs, I was hoping their Area 120 team would do something similar like Goodlock and make customization fun for Pixels. So much for that.
Yeah the only customization you can do on the Pixel Launcher is change the grid size. I'm going to give it a chance for a week or so but I might end up going to Lawnchair or Action.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Been a while since used Nova regularly, just downloaded to change it up. Does it still not super friendly with gesture navigation enabled? When I swipe up from Nova it doesn't bring up the recent apps like One UI, Pixel and other stock launchers. Don't seem to find in Nova settings to have this enabled. Basically I want the gesture navigation similar to One UI, Pixel etc.

Edit:
Looks like turning off all animation options in developer options will fix this. Tried and kind of fixed it, but still getting to recent apps is not as smooth as one UI. Probably might go back to One UI launcher

Edit 2:
Nevermind, set the home button gesture action to recent apps and that solves my problem

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed so many launchers to try and find something but apparently, people don't think multiple docks are a thing. Back to Nova, biut working to lock it down so it just does what I need.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I stopped using Nova since the Note 9 and wrnt back to the stock launcher. Nowadays I go for a minimalistic look so I'll continue to use One UI.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
As much as I hate Nova as a company, I paid for mine long long ago before their current situation. So I am using it because there just isn't another launcher that lets me use my phone the way Nova does, so I am stuck.

I also know that it's 100% on me for this and am not saying other launchers suck, there are some great ones I tested, but just don't work for whatever reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174