Pre Order at Radio Shack NOW

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Radio shack is taking pre-orders for the phone right now. From what I was told when I called is that you purchase a 50.00 gift card which will be the pre-order. When the phone comes in they will call you and you can use that and pay the additional money at that time when you pick up the phone. Also by doing this they are throwing in a 30.00 gift package which gives you the option to use this FREE 30.00 worth for a case or car charger. You get the idea.

I will be pre-ordering just as soon as I get off work.

They say they were also doing it on their website but have yet to see this show up on their site.

ALSO. The manager at Radio Shack told me that they may get them a day or two early and will call me to pick it up early when they show up..

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Pre-Ordered Mine. They said "Officially" they were not supposed to give it out before Feb 13. But we will see
167069_1861398775595_1259717993_2316190_3981896_n.jpg

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hmmmmmm

how was your experience with the shack ?
Edgar: My experience with the shack was good. I purchased my iPhone 4 from them when it came out. At first it seemed strange not buying directly from AT&T. The Shack seems to throw in extra perks which is nice.
Still counting down the days as I have been waiting for a EVO,Desire HD phone for some time now.

Last edited:
Reactions: edgar

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If I upgrade through Radio Shack and keep the phone a couple of weeks and don't like it, what's their return policy? Many AT&T Corporate Stores charge a restocking fee. I believe Best Buy will simply give you a full refund. Wal-Mart will also refund full price.

Does anyone knwo if the Shack charges a restocking fee?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else wonder why AT&T doesn't have a pre-order going for the Inspire too? Seems odd considering it launches this sunday.

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just placed my order at the Shack. Manager told me he might get the phone in on Friday or Saturday and said he would call me to pick it up if he did! :)

dsmkrt

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the experience is different from store to store.

At mine, they actually didn't let me keep the gift card, and put it in back instead. They said that during the EVO preorders, many people claimed to have lost their gift cards and wanted the $50 discounted from the phone, which they couldn't do. So now they're holding them in the storeroom to make sure customers don't "lose" them between the preorder and launch day.

I don't know if I'll get it before Sunday. They didn't mention that possibility, but they told me they'll call me when it's ready for pickup, so we'll see!

Also, fill out the customer survey at the bottom of the pre-order receipt to get an additional $10 off when you pick up the phone!

This deal is so good, I'm basically getting the Inspire for $60. It feels like stealing.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure the experience is different from store to store.

At mine, they actually didn't let me keep the gift card, and put it in back instead. They said that during the EVO preorders, many people claimed to have lost their gift cards and wanted the $50 discounted from the phone, which they couldn't do. So now they're holding them in the storeroom to make sure customers don't "lose" them between the preorder and launch day.

I don't know if I'll get it before Sunday. They didn't mention that possibility, but they told me they'll call me when it's ready for pickup, so we'll see!

Also, fill out the customer survey at the bottom of the pre-order receipt to get an additional $10 off when you pick up the phone!

This deal is so good, I'm basically getting the Inspire for $60. It feels like stealing.

how are you getting it for $60?

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide if I want to go ahead and preorder the phone or wait until Sunday and just go to an official store. I plan on purchasing the phone outright since I'm currently out of contract and my wife's phone will be out of contract in another year. This way once her contract is up; I can either move us to another carrier if needed or we can get both our contracts in sync.

What is holding me back for preordering the phone is that I've ran into issues with resalers in the past (my wife ended up with a refurbished phone that she ended up being the 4th owner on; when she though she was getting a brand new phone and the resaler was he advertised as a new phone). So I'm a little leary about not dealing with an official store.

But then again; all the stores in my area still won't quote an off contract price; stating that they won't have that until Sunday and for me to call back then.

So right now I'm not sure which way would be best.

Psy

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm ging to the AT&T store for mine. I've never dealt with Radio Shack before and I know things will be right if I go to the store itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu