Pre-ordering with Best Buy

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else that pre-ordered through BB and picked up their phone on pickup day get an email stating your order has been canceled due to non pickup?

As everyone knows BB had crazy issues on pickup day so they just swapped out my SIM card and it worked and I left with my phone but they never finished the purchase at the counter. I got an order canceled email due to non pickup this morning stating that the phone was successfully activated and I may get charged for service but also states that I'd be credited back my deposit money within 10 days lol.

Also looked at my AT&T account and the Note 10+ doesn't show up under the number I upgraded, just a generic grey phone icon but nothing about the Next Every Year installment plan I setup for the phone, I go to the upgrade option and it still shows my Note 8 is ready for an upgrade lol, guess I'll see if that changes within the next 10 days, crazy!

Attachments

• 6660.jpg
    6660.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 9

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Man with all of the horror stories I keep hearing I am getting nervous now since today is my day I should be getting my phone. Should I call my local Best Buy and inquire or just sit back and wait?

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Man with all of the horror stories I keep hearing I am getting nervous now since today is my day I should be getting my phone. Should I call my local Best Buy and inquire or just sit back and wait?

My pick up date was today....until 11pm last night, the date disappeared and now says processing with no date. I even believe the meter line gauging progress leading up to today.....has moved backwards!

parmend01

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at bb online and there are phones that are available for pick up today near me. Shouldn't the people that pre-ordered be first in line?

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at bb online and there are phones that are available for pick up today near me. Shouldn't the people that pre-ordered be first in line?

I did the exact same thing and saw you can have it shipped and reach you by tmrw, but my preorder isn't ready! I'm headed to BB right now!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
this is exactly what happened with the Note 8 preorder. folks weren't getting them but stores had stock so they started going in to get them. BB sucks so bad. I can only imagine the Note 9 preorder went about the same.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Anyone else that pre-ordered through BB and picked up their phone on pickup day get an email stating your order has been canceled due to non pickup?

As everyone knows BB had crazy issues on pickup day so they just swapped out my SIM card and it worked and I left with my phone but they never finished the purchase at the counter. I got an order canceled email due to non pickup this morning stating that the phone was successfully activated and I may get charged for service but also states that I'd be credited back my deposit money within 10 days lol.

Also looked at my AT&T account and the Note 10+ doesn't show up under the number I upgraded, just a generic grey phone icon but nothing about the Next Every Year installment plan I setup for the phone, I go to the upgrade option and it still shows my Note 8 is ready for an upgrade lol, guess I'll see if that changes within the next 10 days, crazy!

You probably just got a phone and didnt have to burn an upgrade. They messed up royalty on this one. But it works out for you...lol.

Bestbuy gets a bounty for every device they sell on every carrier. Sprint offers the biggest bounty on almost every phone.

Instead of best buy getting a bounty for from att for selling the phone on installments, they intead will lose $1099 or whatever the full price for the phone is.

They aren't never supposed to just let the customer swap the sim because the process never fully goes through. Thus the reason the other number is grayed out.

Did they check you out at the register? You may get a deposit back too. But I dont always count on that part. However, I'm 99% sure you have a free upgrade to burn now.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site

The thing is when the store gets stock, the store employee that's doing the online orders are supposed to go throughout the store and pull items that's delivery or pickup.

Phones are different. The employee gets a notification to pull a note 10 for example. The employee pulls it, scans it in along with the sim...then it goes through an activation process that is not done at the specific store. That part is done off site.

Once the phone is activated, the employee gets another notification and that's when the employee goes back through and closes the process out and the customer gets a notification that the order is ready for pick up.

So when ordering a phone online...it mostly gets stuck at the activation part and also if the employee is lazy or dont have time to close out the process and package the phone up.

If it's order that's getting shipped, a shipping label is automatically printed and the employee packs up the phone and puts it aside for the UPS or the USPS. Sometimes the customer gets a shipping notification right away and sometimes it can be later in the night before they get the notification.

In-store pickups are a lot easier. However again, it depends on the stores stock, the worker and the activation process. But I never had any issues when I worked at bb with online pickups.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sweet baby Groot I'm never going through Best Buy again. I remember my Note 8 being easy. This is stupid. Order says processing. No date. I'm sitting in the store while they're on the phone with "Bridge." Hold time of 15 minutes. I don't have time to deal with this.

One guy said probably September 6th, but everyone seems clueless. What is the point of a preorder if it's a week after release and no one knows where my phone is?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sweet baby Groot I'm never going through Best Buy again. I remember my Note 8 being easy. This is stupid. Order says processing. No date. I'm sitting in the store while they're on the phone with "Bridge." Hold time of 15 minutes. I don't have time to deal with this.

One guy said probably September 6th, but everyone seems clueless. What is the point of a preorder if it's a week after release and no one knows where my phone is?
Wait a glimmer of hope! They have the exact same phone that just came in today and they're going to try to force it into my preorder somehow.

I should be, like, livestreaming this.

I'm looking at the box. It's RIGHT THERE.

Can Best Buy call an audible and partially redeem itself?

ntshe

Aug 30, 2019
Visit site
Wait a glimmer of hope! They have the exact same phone that just came in today and they're going to try to force it into my preorder somehow.

Hah, lucky you!!! Fight till you own that box

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Apparently this is a "known issue."

I noticed they didn't say "known issue, but with a solution."

Wait: he's saying words on the phone now!

Good Lord I have other places I need to be right now.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this is a "known issue."

I noticed they didn't say "known issue, but with a solution."

Wait: he's saying words on the phone now!

Good Lord I have other places I need to be right now.
Unfortunately, those words were "What is the timeframe for a resolution to this?"

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
They were so busy I'm sure they messed up somehow, when the activation with the included SIM card failed I recommended they swap the SIM with my old phone and it worked but when they tried to check it out it would not go through the system so they took the pre-order sticker off the box, said they would deal with it later and let me go with my phone so they could deal with the other activation issues lol.

for now I'm just going to assume they will work it out in the BB back office/AT&T, if I don't see a change on my AT&T account by mid September and I get my deposit and warranty money back from BB I'll take it as they blessed me with a free phone, until then I'm staying quiet and just gonna act like I never got that email while I enjoy my Note 10+ lol.

You probably just got a phone and didnt have to burn an upgrade. They messed up royalty on this one. But it works out for you...lol.

Bestbuy gets a bounty for every device they sell on every carrier. Sprint offers the biggest bounty on almost every phone.

Instead of best buy getting a bounty for from att for selling the phone on installments, they intead will lose $1099 or whatever the full price for the phone is.

They aren't never supposed to just let the customer swap the sim because the process never fully goes through. Thus the reason the other number is grayed out.

Did they check you out at the register? You may get a deposit back too. But I dont always count on that part. However, I'm 99% sure you have a free upgrade to burn now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware