Price drops?

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you all remember last year, how long it took before we started seeing discounts on the note 8? I’m wanting the nine and I usually get them the day it comes out, but $1250 is a lot of money. And I may wait a month or two for some price drops.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
After Black Friday till Christmas T-mobile had it about $100 -$200 off. I rememeber because got the Note 8 early December

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
After Black Friday till Christmas T-mobile had it about $100 -$200 off. I rememeber because got the Note 8 early December

I wonder if TMO will still be claiming people need to make a down payment with jump on demand when the price drops during the holidays. Can't imagine sales are going to be great this year.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If I can't get one in a few weeks for a low down payment, I'll probably be looking for deals coming up to the holidays. I can't see myself going for the S10. The S9+ is too curved. Wondering if they'll keep the curve. However, the Note8 has just the right amount of curved edges, along with the Note9.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if TMO will still be claiming people need to make a down payment with jump on demand when the price drops during the holidays. Can't imagine sales are going to be great this year.
I would imagine the down payment would still be required, unless they change their policies between now and then. Probably from $279 down to around $150. I just hope I become a "super qualified" customer before then.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Not just JOD, but everyone on Tmobile who wants the Note 9 has to do a down payment. The JOD customers do have the worst of it, since they were use to getting a $0 down payment.
The down payment is why I haven't pre-ordered mine. I'm still debating when to get one. Maybe the Saturday after it's out when I'm off work or maybe later this year. I do want one and ordered a case and screen protector. I'm going to hold out and see what tmobile does.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not just JOD, but everyone on Tmobile who wants the Note 9 has to do a down payment. The JOD customers do have the worst of it, since they were use to getting a $0 down payment.
The down payment is why I haven't pre-ordered mine. I'm still debating when to get one. Maybe the Saturday after it's out when I'm off work or maybe later this year. I do want one and ordered a case and screen protector. I'm going to hold out and see what tmobile does.

Yeah and it's a painful down payment. I probably wouldn't have as big a problem with it if they were consistent with the down payment. Some people say they have $0 down, others are getting $81 down and the rest are stuck paying $280 down. It's basically soured me on getting phones from T-Mobile, and since innovation seems rather stagnant as far as phones lately, I don't feel too the need to get the latest and "greatest". Deciding what to do would be a lot easier if I didn't have JOD to deal with. Still have 11 payments on my s8 active so I may just wait for the disappointing sales and the price drops to make a move.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I felt like Apple and samsung are seeing just how far they can push the price tag before people stop buying haha. Samsung goes 900 iPhone goes 1k then samsung goes ok 1000 and 1,250 let's see how it goes lol

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Do we know when to expect a price drop from Samsung.com?
Right now they giving a free duo charger and S flip cover with it.. wondering if its worth waiting for a price drop but would the price drop still include the wireless charger and s flip cover?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Do we know when to expect a price drop from Samsung.com?
Right now they giving a free duo charger and S flip cover with it.. wondering if its worth waiting for a price drop but would the price drop still include the wireless charger and s flip cover?
Most of the stuff Samsung gives away, most people wouldn't buy themselves. Before they gave away from their convertible wireless chargers, I used a $20 one from Amazon which I never had a problem with. The Samsung charger has let me down several times by not charging and not allowing my alarm to go off in the morning. Same for their headphones and flip cases. I wouldn't buy either of them if they didn't give them away for free.
I would just wait until the price is palatable for you. Don't worry about any freebies. They're way overrated.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy has the unlocked Note 9 for $200 off, if you activate it in Verizon. If you're on another carrier, the only deal they have is a $150 gift card and a free wireless charging stand, but you have to buy the carrier locked version.