Price?

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Now that Moto has released the $480 Z3 will anyone want the Z3 Play?

The Z3 seems like the Z3 Play only with a Snapdragon 835 SoC and possibly better cameras, for $20 less. Or very close when the Z3 Play free battery mod is considered. The Z3 should be much faster than the Z3 Play.

So far the Z3 is Verizon only but Verizon phones are unlocked out of the box and Verizon will sell the phone itself I believe.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

The Z3 seems like the Z3 Play only with a Snapdragon 835 SoC and possibly better cameras, for $20 less. Or very close when the Z3 Play free battery mod is considered. The Z3 should be much faster than the Z3 Play.

So far the Z3 is Verizon only but Verizon phones are unlocked out of the box and Verizon will sell the phone itself I believe.
It is all about priorities. The Z3 Play has no slowdown (it performs better than my Essential with the 835) that I have seen and I get the better battery life of the 600 series chip. I probably would have gotten the Z3 if both had been released at the same time and unlocked from Motorola.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
What's the carrier you are using it on ?
I'm curious if ATT allows VoLTE on this phone. Apparently Pixels2 and Essential are one of the very few unlocked phones certified by ATT.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I was going to get the Z3 Play but now that the Z3 is announced, I think I'll sell both my Z Force Droid and Z2 Play and just use the Z3 as my daily Android.

super_rigel

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I got a Z3 Play on a cheaper plan than I previously had. The price for what I'm getting is definitely worth it. It's a great phone. I hope it gets Pie shortly.