Problem in push notifications

Smart School

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
Hello all,

I have some customers who don't receive notifications from my app.

Most of them do receive them.

Some of them only receive notifications when the app is open.

Some of them don't receive at all.

Google developer support said that there is nothing wrong on my app side (server side) because most of the users (about 90%) do receive all notifications.

So I have no idea what more can I do.

My server send notifications directly to google and not through fire base.
Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't do anything. The users who don't receive your notifications, or only receive them when the app is open, have something set on their phone that causes that. They have to change something. (What that would be, I couldn't say - probably no one can - without analyzing your app's source code.)

Smart School

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
Thx for your reply

If there is nothing I can do so why is my source code relevant?

In other words, id there any way to change the app source code to receive notifications always (even when app is closed)?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, but there's a way to see why someone might be able to set something so they don't receive your notification - then you can contact them (by voice, email or snail mail) to tell them what to do.

As I said, there's nothing you can do if they have their app set to not receive your notifications. (Or you may be able to rewrite the app to prevent them from setting it so they can't receive notifications.)

Smart School

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
If someone set his device not to receive notifications that's fine and I don't want to change it.
All the issue is about users who didn't set anything, they want to receive notifications.
As far as I realized there may be some reasons:
* Notifications not received on battery saver mode
* Notifications not received when app is closed
* Notifications not received unless you set the app to run on system startup.
So I am looking for a solution that user will get notifications by default unless he specifically set not to receive them.
If that's not possible I will consider email them a manual what to do
Is there any manual that covers settings for most devices?
Thank you