Problem moving programs to the SD Card

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I always go thru my apps and move what can be moved to the SD Card. Well, when I do it with the new s20+ I got yesterday, I keep getting a message that "not enough storage space." Well, all my file programs say I have used 92.20 gb of 238 GB. Is anyone else having this problem? I love the phone but the SD Card is why I love the Galaxy phones.

Another problem I cannot find the answer to is all these blue boxes that pop up with suggestions on everything. I cannot for the life of me find a way to stop them. But more worried about the moving of files to the card. Thank you.1storage.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a specific reason you want apps on the SD card? It's never been a recommended practice because it can create more problems than it solves.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So it's saying there's not enough storage on the SD card? If so, the card might be counterfeit, and might have much lower space than it reports (which is typically what you see with counterfeit cards). You could try using SD Insight to see if the card is what it says it is, but I'm not sure if this app works on Android 10.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So it's saying there's not enough storage on the SD card? If so, the card might be counterfeit, and might have much lower space than it reports (which is typically what you see with counterfeit cards). You could try using SD Insight to see if the card is what it says it is, but I'm not sure if this app works on Android 10.

It's a Sandisk 256 card that I bought at Best Buy when I bought my Samsung Galaxy s8+. A very fast card. I moved it from that phone to my Note 10+ and now to this phone. Works fine on each phone without this problem, I believe, the problem has nothing to do with the card which is why I'm asking if anyone else has this problem.

As for problems, I've never had a problem with doing this on all the programs that allows you to move them. As for why, hard drive space on the phone itself, especially since this phone is only 128 gb. Thank you.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just saying that I contacted Samsung via chat and the guy told me to do a reset on the phone (not a hard reset) which took just a few minutes. That took care of the problem. Before chatting with him I tried another card and it had the same problem so I knew it was something with the phone and not the card.

I am really loving this phone over the Note 10+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh good! So you just did a reboot, and the phone stopped telling you the card was low on storage?

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what you mean. If you mean restart, no. I did a reset from the settings menu where it resets the phone settings back to the phones default settings without resetting everything I installed.
Oh good! So you just did a reboot, and the phone stopped telling you the card was low on storage?