Quality Control Issues?

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Love this tablet, but I've had screen-related issues. My first one had a stuck-on pixel right around the middle in a really noticeable spot. The replacement had a piece of dirt stuck under the glass, so that one's going back.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ive got one dead pixel.

Does it suck to pay $399 and receive a flaw?..yes

Is it worth exchanging and possibly having a different issue?...no

My tf300 runs flawlessly except for that one pixel.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My first one had a small line of dead pixels in the middle of the screen. Got it replaced and my new one seems to be flawless.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the YouTube app? Evertime I go in and do a search, and then try to play a video it doesn't detect my touch, I have to move the Page up and down, then it works! So it detects my touch on the page but not on the particular video.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the YouTube app? Evertime I go in and do a search, and then try to play a video it doesn't detect my touch, I have to move the Page up and down, then it works! So it detects my touch on the page but not on the particular video.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Happens to me all the time...

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So I got number three today and it has a dead pixel. I really like the tablet, but I think I'm throwing in the towel. A stuck pixel, dirt under the screen, and a dead pixel aren't really acceptable to me. Trouble is, there really isn't much out there that's comparable at this time. Perhaps I'll wait a bit and see what happens...

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So I got number three today and it has a dead pixel. I really like the tablet, but I think I'm throwing in the towel. A stuck pixel, dirt under the screen, and a dead pixel aren't really acceptable to me. Trouble is, there really isn't much out there that's comparable at this time. Perhaps I'll wait a bit and see what happens...

Wow that is ashame. I'm going to be ordering my TF300 on Amazon today and I'm crossing my fingers that my first one doesn't have any hardware problems. I'm not too worried about software since ASUS has recently pushed out a firmware update that addresses all the recent issues of screen flickering and stability with ICS and a lot of reviews in the last several days say the update does indeed fix those issues.

I agree this tablet is the best value for specs when it comes to Android tablets right now. You can't get a better deal. Next closest is the Acer Iconia Tab A510 but that's even an extra $50 over this.

stumetz

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
For the longest time I was set on getting the Thrive. I got this one instead and am thankful that I didn't get the Thrive. This tablet has been great. And since the last update, I no longer get the screen glitch.