Question about Unlocked Google Store Nexus 6 Working on Verizon

Optimus Nexus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just recently bought the Nexus 6 through Verizon. I really dislike that I only have 32GB of storage and really want the 64GB. Especially with all the things being done on a phone nowadays, 64GB is almost necessary.

My question is for those of you who bought a Nexus 6 from the Google Store and activated it on Verizon. How has the phone been for you? I don't want to run into any issue with the phone, like weak signal, texts not going through, etc. I've also read about how the phone shows up as a "non-VZW device." This concerns me because I don't want to have any issues with my account and I can't handle it through VZW because it's not an official device.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well its the exact same hardware so any signal issues are off the table, it just kind of matters what radio you load.

You also will not be getting OTAs from Verizon so you may want to become familiar with how to do it yourself.

As far as dealing with Verizon service goes I don't know.... it's all over the place. I'm one of the few that walked into the Verizon store handed them my Google Nexus 6 and they configured it and had it working for me.

Sent from my Google N6 on VZ

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well its the exact same hardware so any signal issues are off the table, it just kind of matters what radio you load.

You also will not be getting OTAs from Verizon so you may want to become familiar with how to do it yourself.

As far as dealing with Verizon service goes I don't know.... it's all over the place. I'm one of the few that walked into the Verizon store handed them my Google Nexus 6 and they configured it and had it working for me.

Did they configure visual voicemail as well? You get basic visual voicemail for adding advance calling 1.0 to your plan.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine works fine and I got it activated at a Verizon store. It does show up as a non-Verizon device but that hasn't caused any issues

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Did they configure visual voicemail as well? You get basic visual voicemail for adding advance calling 1.0 to your plan.

Posted via the Android Central App
No I use Google for my voicemail. Plus I haven't changed my plan in years. (unlimited) I need too much data every month. With this new phone and upgrades and screwed around I burned like 50 gigs last month.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick