question on updating CWM

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I'm thinking about updating CWM to the lasted, 5. whatever, but I rooted my phone using the revolutionary method and installed their version of CWM 4.whatever.

My question is how do I update CWM? is it the same even with the revolutionary method? And by this I mean download the latest cwm and rename it to PG50IMG.zip and let it install in hboot...Is it safe to do this.

Thanks in advance for the helpful feedback.

Oh and also, I have 3 backups made with this 4.0 version of CWM - my stock backup, my gingeritis 3d backup, and now my BAMF forever backup(all sense roms), will these play nice with CWM 5.0? I was under the impression that the hang on HTC screen was fixed with 5.0.2.0, but just wanted to make sure.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way to update CWM is just download ROM Manager... open it, and flash CWM. I have not had to occasion to flash from a backup yet, but they have released a number of fixes over the last couple weeks, so I'm guessing they fixed any bugs they might have had when they first release v5.0. I have not had an issue with this version for installing a couple new ROMs today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds