quick questions

racer2348

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
rooted the other day using advanced hack kit....pretty easy to do...i have searched and searched sites for a few days trying to find this answer so please dont crucify me to badly, i could be looking in the wrong place.

id like to know, do i have to flash a new radio every time i flash a rom? i havent flashed a rom yet because im looking for one thats really awesome and thats not so generic. any suggestions? i was thinking about coredroid also? thanks!!!!!

bhdunn

May 13, 2011
Visit site
A bad radio flash can brick your phone so follow instructions carefully and check md5 sums. Generally, if your radio works leave it alone. Radios have matching RILs, if your new ROM has a RIL that doesn't match your radio you may wish to flash the correct RIL rather than flash a different radio.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
i havent flashed a rom yet because im looking for one thats really awesome and thats not so generic. any suggestions? i was thinking about coredroid also? thanks!!!!!

I just tried out CoreDroid this past week. Unfortunately was pretty disappointed with it. Battery drained about 5x faster than the stock ROM. Download speeds dropped from around 700kB/s down to 375kB/s. Flashed recommended radio and let it settle for a few days hoping it would improve. It didn't. Ran GO Launcher over Sense as I did w/ stock ROM. Didn't notice any increase in overall performance. The few added goodies that I could find (Sense 3 lockscreen, native screen shot capability) didn't make up for the battery drain and reduced download speed. But that's just me. YMMV.

I'm looking at flashing Absolution next. It's been getting pretty good reviews so far. Many say the battery life is excellent. Recommended radio is the one I already have, so no need to risk flashing a different one. And it looks pretty cool, although I may end up running Go Launcher on top of it.

If you want a Sense 3.0 ROM, you may want to check out Android Revolution HD.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
id like to know, do i have to flash a new radio every time i flash a rom? i havent flashed a rom yet because im looking for one thats really awesome and thats not so generic. any suggestions? i was thinking about coredroid also? thanks!!!!!

It's usually best to follow the recommendations of the builder of the ROM. Some will need matced radios, some won't. I flashed ARHD 6.1.3 and used it for a few days without flashing the radio recommeded for the ROM. It was working fine, but since flashing the radio, it's so much better. Just be careful and be sure to FOLLOW EVERY STEP.