Reboot reboot reboot!

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever resolved the daily lockups and reboots with this tablet? Its persisted for me since new and I know many others have experience it too. I returned it once for a replacement with the same problem. I kick myself for not returning it permanently. I keep hoping that each upgrade will end it, but the result is always the same.
Locks up and reboots usually once per day, no pattern that I can tell. Sometimes chrome, sometimes Facebook, sometime just trying to open an app. I've cleared cache and removed a ton of apps a couple of weeks back, thought it was better, but it soon returned.

Anyone who dealt with the reboots ever solve them?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I never had the particular device, but it sounds more like an intermittent hardware problem to me. Somewhere on the motherboard.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I never had the particular device, but it sounds more like an intermittent hardware problem to me. Somewhere on the motherboard.

I concur. I have never had a single reboot, in two years, until 5.0... now even then it has only happened once. My suggestion to OP is a total factory reset and run it STOCK for a while and see if it is stable. If not, then it is almost certainly a hardware problem.

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So many reports all over the web of this being a chronic issue. If a hardware problem, a widespread one from what I can see. Along with microphone issues that severely affect video chat and VoIP apps. Both issues I have.

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have had the exact same problem since new. The 5.0 upgrade seemed to help quite a lot, but also broke a few apps (Tumblr). The 5.01 seemed to help with that issue, but did not help the slow Wi-Fi. Yesterday I did the factory reset. Yes it is a hassle to do the reset, but after Google reinstalled everything, I have not had any reboots and video problems seem to be fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't recall a single reboot in the last 2 years, before or after Lollipop, but that's not to say it hadn't happened once or twice.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There were common reboots when the nexus 10 came out initially. But after google pushed 4.2.2 those problems should have been mostly resolved.

It is stil possible that the problem is related to a piece of software that is loaded. I would suggest as others reload the tab from scratch. By that I mean load the factory image, not just do a reset to factory defaults.

I had some restarting when I first got the N10, but once 4.2.2 was released it hasn't happened hardly at all.

Posted via Android Central App

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Good news, though I don't know what did it. I went 5 days and now 11 days without a reboot. From a tablet that was rebooting once or twice a day.

It's one of two things.

The new OS update (5.0.1) or a wakelock manager that I was running (after reading about it helping someone in another thread). Funny thing is, I don't think the wake lock manager is actually running (think it needs manual restart and I haven't started it since the last reboot).

Sent from my mobile device.