Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

kdfdawg

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see that at?? I'm rooted an unlocked too, I believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
i actually saw it on droid-life... rooted and unlocked... no custom roms... i just rebooted my phone and got the download update msg again.. i'll try it one more time before re-locking the phone...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
ugggh.. i got the update but now i'm getting an error when updating... big ol red triangle with an exclamation point.... i'm rooted and unlocked.. but i just saw here that some others were able to do it... grrrrrrrrr

That's a recovery issue. Do you have CWM or TWRP installed?

Shirke

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I just finish my update via wifi, and Jelly Bean is a smooth as butter.I'm in Los angeles area. be patient guys it's coming to you soon

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Shoot! I did the Forced Stop trick an now Google Play doesn't work, am when I reboot my phone I get downloading error notifications for all my installed apps. (Why did I try? Idk!) Any one know how to rectify this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It should be pretty much the same. If your heart is set on the OTA version, though, you'll need to revert to stock.

This. Follow the OTA guide I have, return to stock, then wait.

---------- Post Merged at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Shoot! I did the Forced Stop trick an now Google Play doesn't work, am when I reboot my phone I get downloading error notifications for all my installed apps. (Why did I try? Idk!) Any one know how to rectify this problem?

Try unsyncing your Google Account or removing your Google Account. That may help.

rompskee

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Have wifi on, mobile data off, hitting the check now button a bunch, doing the framework services. Do I have to start doing the special rain dance as well? Still getting nothing

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

It looks like either you need to wait for the OTA to come through or remove and re-add your google account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d