Recent Battery Life

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
A little over a week ago, I got a new replacement phone. My battery life has been horrible since I got the new phone. I would get 12 hours of moderate talk and data use (Atlanta metro 4g area) before on my extended battery, but now I get 5-7 hours before needing to charge. My new standard battery gets 2.5 hours of moderate use before it goes dead. I know this standard battery is new so it may get better.

I do not think it is the new phone, because I hear off others and their battery life of late. This is just a touch frustrating given not knowing why the recent change. Could something be happening on Verizon's end to cause battery life issues to decrease? Software changes in updates?

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone staying awake all of the time? Mines been doing that lately and about halving my battery life.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Check to see if your phone is staying awake. What are your battery usage stats? If those check out you may have a bum battery. It sounds like this was done through Assurion. If so switch out to your existing battery and see what happens. If you still see the battery draining like crazy you probably have a bum refurbished unit. That happened to me. So send it back as defective. You should not incur any additional charges.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
It isn't staying awake, and I bought 2 new extended batteries from Verizon. I am wondering if the battery life will improve after several cycles?

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
are you having any problems with data dropping recently? If so, that could be part of the problem.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound has been doing the same thing. When I got the extended battery, I could go until 11pm and have 25%. Now, with the same amount of use, I almost run out of battery by 5pm. What else is weird is that this started the same time that my phone started having WiFi issues. My phone will drop WiFi constantly and from sleep, will show WiFi at full strength but will not receive any data at all. 4G operates just fine. It's like the phone is suddenly using 4G power all the time.

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If you have a weather app like Beautiful Widget, you may wanna check and see. I found that is was taking about 35% of my battery life and my display was taking 44%, so about 9% on a app alone is alot.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been experiencing some jumpy signal issues. This is why I thought something going on with Verizon. Data drop issues as well, but nothing consistent.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Phone swap has solved my battery and signal issues. My battery does not seem to get as hot either.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly