[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

Already changed that feature in the master-dev branch, should be a touch more user friendly in the next release (for one thing back works now)

Drew's been a bit busy lately (I say this cause I've barely talked to him in gtalk regarding the recent changes), the disable you are looking for is .cotconfirmnandroid (just place that in the clockworkmod dir just like the others); but to answer your question, Drew has been working on a wiki for COTR.

The dot file works great, thanks for the reply.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

how do you guys restore your backups?
by this I mean do you first wipe everything, then restore or do you guys just restore your backups without wiping?

I ask because im currently on cm9 but i forgot to backup some apps that are on my cm7 backup. I want to restore cm7 to backup the apps then restore cm9 to come back.

So is it recommended to wipe when you are restoring backups?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

how do you guys restore your backups?
by this I mean do you first wipe everything, then restore or do you guys just restore your backups without wiping?

I ask because im currently on cm9 but i forgot to backup some apps that are on my cm7 backup. I want to restore cm7 to backup the apps then restore cm9 to come back.

So is it recommended to wipe when you are restoring backups?

No, the restore will be fine since it wipes the partition before restore. What you want to do will work fine.

Reactions: ens04

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
^ This. Been working 9-10 hour days recently. Expect a BIG update in a week or so (maybe sooner!).

Ha! I knew it IV been on 1.1 cause I knew you we're gonna say that I was gonna switch to 1.2 just now cause there hasn't been a update in a while...then bam! There it is.....ssswweeett!

So I'm gonna hold off:thumbup:

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, possibly, and maybe not, if you have all the needed components, and depending on the ROM you are on, some will not let you, other will not. The way to tell? Try it.

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I did a restore of kraven's CM7 2/7 a few days ago which was made while I was using Xionia recovery. It seems to be freezing up all the time though even during and after phone calls, it was never like that before, and it was fine while I was using CAI just before restoring. Any ideas what could be the cause? I'm restoring to CAI as I type this, that nandroid was made on this recovery so I'm hoping for the best, I don't feel like reinstalling all my apps atm.

PS, Neither are overclocked, they are set to standard 600mhz ondemand

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I did a restore of kraven's CM7 2/7 a few days ago which was made while I was using Xionia recovery. It seems to be freezing up all the time though even during and after phone calls, it was never like that before, and it was fine while I was using CAI just before restoring. Any ideas what could be the cause? I'm restoring to CAI as I type this, that nandroid was made on this recovery so I'm hoping for the best, I don't feel like reinstalling all my apps atm.

PS, Neither are overclocked, they are set to standard 600mhz ondemand
Did you do full wipes before restoring CM7?

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Did you do full wipes before restoring CM7?

Wiped boot, cache, dalvik cache, system, data, and flashed debug-formatsystem.zip then restored. I'm back on the CAI now that I restored with no issues.

theBIG

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Wow, excellent work on this recovery! Thanks for your continued efforts (and for continuing to share them with us.)

I haven't had to work on my Dad's Optimus S in many months, so am just getting back up to speed on this model. It's great to see there's still such an active Optimus S community still going strong here. Thanks to all the devs that keep pushing the limits. :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, excellent work on this recovery! Thanks for your continued efforts (and for continuing to share them with us.)

I haven't had to work on my Dad's Optimus S in many months, so am just getting back up to speed on this model. It's great to see there's still such an active Optimus S community still going strong here. Thanks to all the devs that keep pushing the limits. :)

Thanks for your thanks! :p

As Jerry Hildenbrand stated on the blog (speaking of, HUGE shout-out to Jerry for doing a blog post about COT), when a phone gets this much push behind it development for it lives forever.

However, where would we be without you guys, the users? Nowhere. So on behalf of ALL of the developers here, thanks for riding this gigantic wave of awesomeness with us!

Surfs up dude! :p

Also, we are hard at work getting Cannibal Open Touch on even more devices, including the Nook Color and possibly the Nexus 7! So stay tuned.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your thanks! :p

As Jerry Hildenbrand stated on the blog (speaking of, HUGE shout-out to Jerry for doing a blog post about COT), when a phone gets this much push behind it development for it lives forever.

However, where would we be without you guys, the users? Nowhere. So on behalf of ALL of the developers here, thanks for riding this gigantic wave of awesomeness with us!

Surfs up dude! :p

Also, we are hard at work getting Cannibal Open Touch on even more devices, including the Nook Color and possibly the Nexus 7! So stay tuned.

I gotta ask outta curiosity when you port COT to other devices what the thing you have to change the most
Also
What was the first device COT was on ?
-I thought it was the optimus s??

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I gotta ask outta curiosity when you port COT to other devices what the thing you have to change the most
Also
What was the first device COT was on ?
-I thought it was the optimus s??

Good question! However it is somewhat difficult to give a good answer because it really depends on the device we're porting it to.

And yes, the Optimus S was indeed the first device to get COT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali