Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I registered for the free bundle. I got confirmation. Then I got a thing saying to buy the $99 deal. I waited a week looking at "Processing Gift" and decided to go ahead and but the bundle I thought was sold out. I just got confirmation and order number. If I get both I'll see if someone here wants to buy the full deal.

c00lgoose

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Well, I called exactly at 9AM this morning and was on hold for a grand total of 30 seconds before someone picked up. Surprising.

The rep told me that they are looking feverishly to get all of these orders out this week and that, specifically, I should be getting my bundle no later than Wednesday, and to expect an email saying that it shipped no later than later today or tomorrow morning.

I asked if there would be any compensation for this delay and he also offered me a $50 Samsung eCertificate via email. I should be expecting that email also sometime today.

Got a third escalation ticket number, so I'm hopeful but I'll let these ticket numbers pile up, and while it's nice to get a $50 certificate, I supposed it would've been too much to ask for a partial refund of $50. At least I'll be able to get that USB-C-to-HDMI converter or that S8+ keyboard case I really wanted to try.

Do you get a different ticket number everytime? I got the same number twice.

And the $50 gift is a nice gesture although I still feel samsung was sluggish in dealing with the situation.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Like many here - I'm still waiting for my $99 Gear VR bundle to be shipped. Called yesterday and the call was picked up in 1 minute - It suprised me so much how quick I wasn't prepared to talk!

In any case, my order was completed on Friday 21 April with pending payment against my CC.

Agent said my order was going to be taken care of by COB Tuesday 2 May.

Today - I've checked FEDEX using the Track by Reference method which is...

Order Number (add -01) on the end. Put in US as country and your zip code.

At 11:30am today my order is now entered into FEDEX's tracking system. Finally.

And on a related note - I got one of those $50 eCertificate for late delivery of my original Samsung phone + $99 bundle. I ordered a Fast Charger Wireless - wouldn't you know it - Samsung cancelled the order because the eCertificate that was generated needed confirmation by a Friends & Family member (they generated the wrong coding). Samsung said they are reissuing the certificate in 3-5 business days - we'll see.

Ongoing fullfillment issues throughout the Samsung system - some Executives should be called on the "carpet" for these snafu's - they are costing Samsung in additional outlays and the customer experience is atrocious. The only good thing I can say is Samsung appears to stand behind what they promised and is handing out some "freebies" to keep good will.

bigsin

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you get a different ticket number everytime? I got the same number twice.

And the $50 gift is a nice gesture although I still feel samsung was sluggish in dealing with the situation.

I've been watching this thread for a while as I'm in the same boat paid on the 21st and no shipping information. I received an escalation ticket last week as well. I called a few minutes ago and they are now telling me it’s officially on back order 6 to 8 weeks! I guess I can stop thinking about this I guess it will pop up sometime halfway into the summer when I'm likely not really interested anymore (excuse the cynicism I'm just pissed)

IYTYJO

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
ORIGINAL POST
I've never posted but I've been watching this forum so I'd figured I'd share where I'm at.
I received my phone on the 19th (pre-ordered through sprint).
I registered immediately on the website from a different phone.
I received the registration approved email on the 20th at 3:19pm
I received the buy link for the $99 box on the 21st at 10:49pm and paid immediately.
Received my confirmation and order number the same night at 11:15pm
I had a pending charge from them and then it disappeared ( I know it won't be a hard charge until shipped)
Now I'm just waiting. If I've learned anything from being in the military...it's hurry up and wait lol.
If I get it, I get it. If I don't it won't be the end of the world!

UPDATE

I received my shipping confirmation and tracking number about an hour ago for a Wednesday delivery.
I never called Samsung or anything. I just practiced a little patience.
I truly hope everyone receives their packages!

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
My status has been "processing" since 4/22. I just called (and after waiting 35 minutes) was told that they are out of stock on at least some part of the kit - she did not know exactly which part(s) - and they would not update my status until they were able to ship the complete kit to me. She did say that she saw I had paid for the upgrade and I was guaranteed to receive the upgraded kit.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
ORIGINAL POST
I've never posted but I've been watching this forum so I'd figured I'd share where I'm at.
I received my phone on the 19th (pre-ordered through sprint).
I registered immediately on the website from a different phone.
I received the registration approved email on the 20th at 3:19pm
I received the buy link for the $99 box on the 21st at 10:49pm and paid immediately.
Received my confirmation and order number the same night at 11:15pm
I had a pending charge from them and then it disappeared ( I know it won't be a hard charge until shipped)
Now I'm just waiting. If I've learned anything from being in the military...it's hurry up and wait lol.
If I get it, I get it. If I don't it won't be the end of the world!

UPDATE

I received my shipping confirmation and tracking number about an hour ago for a Wednesday delivery.
I never called Samsung or anything. I just practiced a little patience.
I truly hope everyone receives their packages!
I don't mind waiting. I was in the military also. But then, I was not paying for something there, and they did not process people who were waiting behind me before they processed me (without a reason).

This is something we bought. We are the customer. The terms of service specifically state first come, first served as the basis for fulfillment. I think it is fair to expect a certain amount of communication if they are going to alter the terms.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got shipping confirmation from Fedex for Wednesday delivery.... I guess they are gonna start sending them to everyone.

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I registered for the free bundle. I got confirmation. Then I got a thing saying to buy the $99 deal. I waited a week looking at "Processing Gift" and decided to go ahead and but the bundle I thought was sold out. I just got confirmation and order number. If I get both I'll see if someone here wants to buy the full deal.

The exact same thing happened to me. I registered for the free option and then received the email stating I was approved to buy the $99 dollar bundle. I called and they escalated the issue and then emailed me back that I could not change from the bundle to just the free vr and controller. I emailed back and explained again and then they emailed me again stating that they would get back to me when they figure out a solution. Then after so many days of this, I just went back to that email and bought the $99 dollar bundle and it went through and confirmed with an order number. Now I'm just waiting for a tracking number (hopefully I get it today).

jrpimp00

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. I registered for the free option and then received the email stating I was approved to buy the $99 dollar bundle. I called and they escalated the issue and then emailed me back that I could not change from the bundle to just the free vr and controller. I emailed back and explained again and then they emailed me again stating that they would get back to me when they figure out a solution. Then after so many days of this, I just went back to that email and bought the $99 dollar bundle and it went through and confirmed with an order number. Now I'm just waiting for a tracking number (hopefully I get it today).

If you dont want the other stuff, id pay you $99 for the SD card and headphones

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

If you dont want it, I will buy headphones and SD card for $99. I wasn't able to get the deal because of Best Buy crap

IYTYJO

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
The terms and conditions specifically state that "Gifts are AVAILABLE for a limited time, while supplies remain available, on a first-come, first-served basis" it does not state that will be shipped out on a first come first serve basis. they also state that "Gifts may take up to 6-8 weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form/Qualifying Purchase receipt and compliance with these Offer Terms and Conditions to be mailed to Participants." None of us paid for the 2 day shipping nor was it apart of the actual terms and conditions(was it misleading??? YES!)...however, it was free therefore it was a courtesy. They could have taken then entire 6-8 weeks if they really wanted to.
If you have a confirmation email I think it's just a matter of being patient. Now for those who have a POSTED charge and no tracking, I understand their frustration because it states that you will be charged once the item has shipped. But getting upset over who got what first is not in my nature!

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
so my claim changed back to Under Review, was approved already and paid for ://. Anyone experienced this issue? Could this mean they are finally shipping it? This is just annoying.

On the web version it says gift sent now. And in Shop Samsung it says 'under review'. I hope I receive my 99 bundle that I paid for on the 21st.

skiingj

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
No change with my two gifts, both show processing gift. Called Samsung today 1 hour + hold. Last week they told me the phone I first registered I didn't select the FULL offer. Even though I used the same receipt for both promos the first one I registered I had to resubmit. Now they tell me I should receive an email this week to pay for both bundles.

Not sure what to believe and I guess time will tell if I get the FULL bundle for either phone. This promo has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not certain I would ever fall for this Samsung promo crap again. I should have just waited a couple months for the phone price to come down or TMO to offer a promo. At least for me TMO hasn't played these games.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My status has changed from processing to gift sent on the samsung promo site but nothing in my fedex delivery manager, no email and my order on samsungs website for the bundle still just says confirmed....

IYTYJO

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Mine was the opposite my status still showed processing even though I received the shipping confirmation. I checked back after a while and everything had synced up so hopefully you'll get it soon!

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
My status has changed from processing to gift sent on the samsung promo site but nothing in my fedex delivery manager, no email and my order on samsungs website for the bundle still just says confirmed....

Just got off the phone with e-commerce and about 10 min later, my status changed from "processing gift" to "gift sent", but nothing in FedEx shows up and no email either.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
The terms and conditions specifically state that "Gifts are AVAILABLE for a limited time, while supplies remain available, on a first-come, first-served basis" it does not state that will be shipped out on a first come first serve basis. they also state that "Gifts may take up to 6-8 weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form/Qualifying Purchase receipt and compliance with these Offer Terms and Conditions to be mailed to Participants." None of us paid for the 2 day shipping nor was it apart of the actual terms and conditions(was it misleading??? YES!)...however, it was free therefore it was a courtesy. They could have taken then entire 6-8 weeks if they really wanted to.
If you have a confirmation email I think it's just a matter of being patient. Now for those who have a POSTED charge and no tracking, I understand their frustration because it states that you will be charged once the item has shipped. But getting upset over who got what first is not in my nature!

When you paid for the item the terms changed to the terms of sale. The terms of sale states that it will ship within 1 to 3 business days. This has even been told to me by Ecommerce. They have never mentioned the 6 to 8 weeks to me. They told me my order was supposed to be shipped last week sometime and has already sent emails to the warehouse trying to investigate the reason behind the delay.