Regular Android 2.1 launcher?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I know there's no way of disabling the Sense UI on the Incredible like there is in other HTC phones. However, I was wondering if the standard launcher can be loaded onto the phone via something like an .apk file or something? The HelixLauncher is nice, but I don't like the new dock it uses, and would rather have a real stock Android experience. I can deal with Sense, but I really like the little things of 2.1 like the 3D icon fly-in. Any ideas?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No way of ditching sense ui on the incredible that I know of right now. As the old story goes, "Once we have root", we can probably do something with it.

R

Roy Aguilera

Koush has a stock launcher 2 in the market. It should work. Oh and you can disable the dock in helix, its under its settings. ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's purely down to personal choice, but I bought an HTC phone for Sense after I got to thinking about it. I really wanted a Nexus One for the vanilla android at first, but I like having the big phone button at the bottom and the 7 home screens. Granted some customs one can do that and more, so it's all a matter of preference. Worst case you don't like it so you can swap it up back and forth!