Reply All in Text Messages?

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've just downloaded the VZW message app, I will test it out. It is extremely ugly though

CynicX -

Where in that message do you see a mixture of BB and iPhone? Now let someone with first hand experience answer.

The other android phones also have "apps" that allow this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Read the whole post. We all had BB's, more slowly moved to iPhone, I got a GNex. Doesn't change the point that the sms app for both BB and Iphone group texts while android does not

libertycityfd

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Im having this exact same problem, but I have a gsm nexus so the market says not supported by my carrier, any chance an apk of this working on my gsm nexus? One can hope!

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried downloading the verizon messages app but it would not let me. It says that my device is not compatible with it. Any other apps that can do this group texting?

bcaz711

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
yes..all of the blackberry devices are able to reply all...actually the best phone for group messages...
i love the samsung skyrocket ..but from what ive notice on all the samsung android devices. currently..do not offer the option which is a pain in the behind

1RoyalPunjabi

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The "Verizon Messages" app works great. Its not pretty, but at least we'll be able to group text until ICS fixes it! If you haven't tried the app yet, I highly recommend it! Its actually a cool app:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs&hl=en

Wow!!! Totally didn't realize that this got updated a week ago with Galaxy Nexus Support!!! Finally can get proper Group MMS instead of the terrible stock messaging app that didn't support receiving group MMS!

Reactions: lakaw

jylynnemb

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes Groupme works great if you are the first to send a group message. But if you are receiving a group message first you would have to start a whole new message with the recipients in groupme. Also has anyone found out how to do reply all with Sprint/AT&T???

Paul_1201

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Handcent SMS now does group messaging. You can download it from the market. To make it work Handcent has to be set as the default messaging app.

Footballgurl1

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
ok -- i got lost in the thread of posts from page 3-6

did anyone find the answer as to how to do group texting and keep in all in a single feed/thread?:-*

Meka Humphrey

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and my phone provider is Sprint... It was a royal pain that I could not reply to all when I received a text message that was sent out to a group of people... I have found that if you download Handcent you can send/receive and reply to all in group conversation threads. Here's how:

1. Download Handcent SMS
2. Go to the Settings Menu > Application Settings > select Default Messaging Application (Select All SMS & MMS)
3. After completing step two, select Thread Group Conversations (Note: You must select Handcent as your default message app. before attempting to thread conversations)

Hopefully this helps other Sprint/Android customers!

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I followed your steps with Handset and still dont see the "Reply All" anywhere. Am I missing something? I have the Samsung S 2 and Sprint also.
This limitation is so annyoing since most of my friends have iPhone and can reply all.

Sandra Smith1

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy SII
Wow - I installed everything - handcent/powow/gosms - had the issues everyone speaks of AND couldn't get the group reply thing... I just insalled verizon messenger (my carrier is Tmobile, so I was leary) - and VOILA, group message reply!!! I get pictures to show up - see iphone smileys without installing additional stuff...
very happy... Thanks for the information about verizon messenger - now I love my samsung again :)