[REQ][HELP]N920A Root Method

dorkydicken

Jan 4, 2022
Visit site
Okay or am I SOL on retrograding down to PB2 if I'm on RH1?

I seen that's the unlocked bootloader version of firmware, but when I go to flash it in Odin I get a Failed.

So is it kind of like other notorious Sammy method's i.e.: how with the Gear S once you were at a certain firmware version you couldn't downgrade to anything below that.

Any other root method's?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion would be to check XDA and see if they have a solution. Then again, the Note 5 is seven years old, so it's probably time to look for a new device.

dorkydicken

Jan 4, 2022
Visit site
Well I bought it as a temp hobby device until I come up with $319 for a Unihertz Pocket, or $600/750 for a Astro Slide 5G or F(X) Tec Pro1-X or some unforeseen BlackBery Key3 appears.

I had a KeyOne, Key2 and a Unihertz Titan, sold, sold with a swollen battery and sold with a soft brick issue that I couldn't resolve since me and MediaTek flashing software don't get along.

Not trying to invest too much money into a device I only paid $85 for it and the keyboard cover case, I wished I would've hunted around for a T-Mobile version for a unlocked bootloader. Debating on returning the AT&T model, seller/store didn't mention that the GSM Unlocked version was just a sim unlocked AT&T version.

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay or am I SOL on retrograding down to PB2 if I'm on RH1?

I seen that's the unlocked bootloader version of firmware, but when I go to flash it in Odin I get a Failed.

So is it kind of like other notorious Sammy method's i.e.: how with the Gear S once you were at a certain firmware version you couldn't downgrade to anything below that.

Any other root method's?
You can't downgrade at all if you're on RH1 because that was the only release of bootloader revision 6. And no, you can never downgrade bootloader revisions on any Samsung device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87