Returned Nexus 9. Do I try again or ...?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I send my Nexus 9 back because of excessive light bleed and other quality issues. I still have my trusty Nexus 7 (2013) which I use every day.

Do I try the Nexus 9 again and hope the quality has improved, or do I try something else? If I get something else I am leaning toward an iPad, since it has been a few years since I had one of those and the new iPad Air 2 looks pretty light. I had an Ipad 3 (first retina) and it was too heavy to hold with one hand on your lap for extended periods of time. Any thing else I should look at? Maybe wait until the Nokia N1 is available?

Jerry

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
What would change in a month? There not enhancing the Nexus 9's in a month, so I'm confused why this would make a difference.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have lightbleed too, but to be honest after I boot into the OS it is not noticeable plus it appears to be improving over time. I have been very happy so far with my Nexus 9

Posted via the Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
What would change in a month? There not enhancing the Nexus 9's in a month, so I'm confused why this would make a difference.

Maybe a different batch of shipments (with a slightly updated design/assembly or a small fix) from the manufacturer? I doubt it and it's probably a long shot but possible.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought my N9 at a local Best Buy Monday thinking that in all likelihood it would be returned and I would get an Ipad Air instead. Surprise! I have no light bleed at all and the charging time is well within acceptable limits. I will be keeping it as I can't think of a single knock on it.

There apparently are good ones out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen