Returned to stock, but LeafROM stuff still there

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I returned to stock, did a factory wipe.

But GOLauncher was still installed. File expert was still installed. Superuser is still installed.

What gives? Am I stock, or not? I managed to get GOLauncher and File Expert uninstalled, but Superuser still looks baked in and I can't remove it.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
How did you return to stock? I used odin to return to stock ED23, which was a pre-rooted install. A factory wipe should remove apps, but dosn't remove superuser.

djjavejav

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
firehak, when you say you returned to "stock ED23", you're referring to the image Shabbypenguin posted a while back along with the Odin files and instructions, right? I've looked/searched around all the forums, but haven't found a different one.

I'm moving out of LeafRom back into stock and putting on GB, since the main reason I wanted a custom ROM/rooting was infrastructure wifi tethering, which I haven't been able to figure out with the Replenish.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I used Shabby's post to return to pre-rooted stock. I had wifi tethering without issue by using barnacle wifi for creating a hot spot, or using pdanet while connected to a pc via usb. I believe pdanet works regardless of rooting as well, barnacle wifi does not.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Everything is groovy now. I realized that those apps were still on there pre-wiping. I wiped the device after the inital reboot, so things were still screwy. We're good now.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Everything is groovy now. I realized that those apps were still on there pre-wiping. I wiped the device after the inital reboot, so things were still screwy. We're good now.

Ah. Yeah, I went back to stock, updated to EF27, then to EK18 and didn't wipe until GB finalized and rebooted itself. I still had some remnants too. I'm thinking of putting CWM back on for backup purposes though.

djjavejav

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, wifi tethering works great for PCs. But I needed it for a couple of Android tablets. PCs run hunky dory with the ad-hoc tethering from barnacle and many other apps...but the tablets need infrastructure tethering, at least all the ones I've tried to get working.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Oops, kinda mis-read that part. Lol. I wonder what causes tablets to think differently, I believe I've used barnacle wifi and connected other phones before just to test it out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh