ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
In order to flash the nightly do we need to flash a clean pre beta 1? Or can I flash it over my already installed one?

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never used GooManager but from their description yeah it sounds similar.

No you don't need to actually flash the base. You just need to have it present on your sdcard to use the nightly deltas. You can be running alpha10, beta1pre1, or whatever, doesn't matter. RomKeeper should work under pretty much anything, within reason. Of course, if you're running CAI on a VM670, it's going to look for LS670 ROMs, so don't do that. ;)

I'm not going to inflict users with deltas on top of previously created deltas. I'll always make the delta against the latest fully released ROM. This way new users can always get the latest nightly with only two steps.

Thanks for the great info! So, what would I do coming from CM7? (Wait, I get it now. Flash the latest full nightly, then the latest delta) What does having the nightly on the SD card do different, and what happens if you don't? Once again, sorry for all the questions, I know this is an exciting time for everyone, especially you TDM!

Last edited:

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
so we flash prebeta then nightly?

If it works the way I think it works, you just fetch the beta1pre1 first through RomKeeper. You then fetch the nightly. After you fetch the nightly, RomKeeper merges that with the baseline version you downloaded (beta1pre1) and produces a new .zip file for you to flash. You only need to flash that new .zip.

Granted, I could be completely off base here, so please take my post with a grain of salt.

Reactions: topdawg661

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great info! So, what would I do coming from CM7? What does having the nightly on the SD card do different, and what happens if you don't? Once again, sorry for all the questions, I know this is an exciting time for everyone, especially you TDM!

Coming from CM7 should be the same as anything else. Just fetch beta1pre1, then the nightly delta, then install.

The delta does not actually get put onto the sdcard. It is streamed and the patch is applied on the fly. Cool, huh? ;)

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Coming from CM7 should be the same as anything else. Just fetch beta1pre1, then the nightly delta, then install.

The delta does not actually get put onto the sdcard. It is streamed and the patch is applied on the fly. Cool, huh? ;)

So if some goofball named Pkt_Lnt downloaded both the prebeta AND the nightly, and flashed BOTH as zips, does that mess it up? If so, I will smack him to get his attention, then have him start over. :D

Reactions: topdawg661

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So if some goofball named Pkt_Lnt downloaded both the prebeta AND the nightly, and flashed BOTH as zips, does that mess it up? If so, I will smack him to get his attention, then have him start over. :D

You shouldn't be able to flash the delta. It's just a delta -- a patch. So if you downloaded it, just delete it. Unless you want to play with rdiff on your PC. ;)

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Tdm! Let me group up all the bugs I've found so far in one post, and I'll continue testing.

1) "error purchase invalid" in market.
2) "Roaming Indicator Off" bug.
3) Native USB.
4) When you have weather enabled on the lock screen, it cuts off the slide lock at the bottom.
5)LatinIME.apk is cut off.

Reactions: tdm

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't be able to flash the delta. It's just a delta -- a patch. So if you downloaded it, just delete it. Unless you want to play with rdiff on your PC. ;)

RomKeeper will download it as a zip file if you press menu then download, with some assistance from a phumbling phat phinger. And you can flash it.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right way but for the S, I fetched the nightly build, it put it on my SD card so I went to recovery and flashed it...seems to be working fine for me :confused:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Original post by: TDM

The delta does not actually get put onto the sdcard. It is streamed and the patch is applied on the fly. Cool, huh? 

This will also solve the 56kb nightly issues :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so everyone saying the mic isn't working, do you mean you can make a phone call but you cant talk to the person? just wondering im not gonna try to install again if i cant use the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001