ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
@tdm
I had noticed quite a while ago you had asked about someone making you a better boot animation and I'd like to give it a try since so far only I've been able to do well is graphics editing.
First, you said about 15 frames Max right? Obviously we don't want to make booting the phone any longer than it has to be. I couldn't believe it when I saw the cm one was 180 frames :what:
So I can test it, where is the location of your Q at? I've looked all over and can only find the cm one. Anyone can pm me if you don't want everyone knowing the actual location.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

@ThatGuyLurkin, no he's talking about the Q, read again...
The Q is in the kernel...

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You misunderstand me. The bootlogo, Q, has nothing to do with boot time, as he was talking about. He said the CM boot was 180, making boot ttime slower/normal.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: Flash rom now, wish me luck. Its 114 MBs :what:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
You misunderstand me. The bootlogo, Q, has nothing to do with boot time, as he was talking about. He said the CM boot was 180, making boot ttime slower/normal.

Edit: Flash rom now, wish me luck. Its 114 MBs :what:

Oh :facepalm: :banghead:

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hm...I have my settings on Interactive X, 122/787 and my alarm has worked fine.
Really? I'm going to try reflashing it I guess. Whenever mine is lower than 480 it freezes my phone.
Also, every time I reboot my phone, the optimizing application setup pop ups for one application.I haven't installed anything in a while yet it still pops up. Is there a way I can see what application it is?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Progress: Having trouble getting it to boot. It gets to the bootanimation, and just keep going and going. Not a bootloop, or bootfreeze. Just and ongoing bootanimation. Anyone have any ideas? :)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Really? I'm going to try reflashing it I guess. Whenever mine is lower than 480 it freezes my phone.
Also, every time I reboot my phone, the optimizing application setup pop ups for one application.I haven't installed anything in a while yet it still pops up. Is there a way I can see what application it is?

My phone does that too....it's probably just apps starting up....

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine did that trying to mess with something in framework. Just stuck on boot animation. Have you changed nething

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Min. 480
Max. 806
Battery life: excellent :D 5-6 hours with these settings.
Usage by me: texting, web+forum apps, phone
Talking on the phone drains it the most.
governor: interactivex, trying scary right now

I have 480/600 and seem to be getting over 24 hours to a charge--and last night when I plugged in, it had been nearly 36 hours. I'm currently using SmartassV2.

Before I removed my card games, battery life was shorter, but I rarely had to plug in before I went to bed.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys. I got Paranoid Android booted! The whole Tablet UI and everything is there!

Bugs so far: 2 Setting options don't work. Task bar isn't at the bottom due to Paranoid Setting being broken. Keyboard is wonky, gonna fix. MMS, I don't really know, need testers.

Screenshots:
4c62d649-fd30-46a4.jpg
4c62d649-fd3a-af2e.jpg
4c62d649-fd4a-c67d.jpg
4c62d649-fd53-d680.jpg
4c62d649-fd69-3913.jpg
4c62d649-fdc7-31b4.jpg

Even the browser!
4c62d649-0023-099b.jpg

Last edited:

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
The Q is in the kernel........aka boot.img good luck with that. :p

The boot.img may have the kernel in it, but it's not just that. If Android is like other Linux systems, the boot image contains a kernel, modules that must be present before the device can boot, and other files or instructions needed early in the boot process. It might be the same format as a CD image (iso9660), but I don't know without looking at it.

jetfactor

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
flashed this last night and was previously running CM7 backside IHO.

have to say, i'm pretty stoked. looks pretty, runs smooth, battery life is better than before. everything seems to work (at least well enough).

one weird thing... when i'm plugged into a power source and i reboot, instead of rebooting my phone just shuts off and shows me that it's charging. poor little confused thing! when i'm not plugged into a power source, i don't have this issue.

gah, and i'm really not digging the new "market" of google play. :/ but oh well!!

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I think everyone's does that, nothing to really worry about :) (Mine does too, at least...)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
The boot.img may have the kernel in it, but it's not just that. If Android is like other Linux systems, the boot image contains a kernel, modules that must be present before the device can boot, and other files or instructions needed early in the boot process. It might be the same format as a CD image (iso9660), but I don't know without looking at it.

You are correct, I've built drew's ICS kernel from source trying to mess with it to get it to work for my optimus m, but I have had no success in this...
It's not the same as a CD image, it can't be opened with any kind of regular archive manager, it must be decompiled....to see the files in it, but the files you get is not going to help you with this Q project, you have to start from source.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Progress: Having trouble getting it to boot. It gets to the bootanimation, and just keep going and going. Not a bootloop, or bootfreeze. Just and ongoing bootanimation. Anyone have any ideas? :)

In all politeness, you need to start a new thread for this. Its way off subject. This thread already has three variations done by tdm, we don't need to clutter it with a port of another rom. Thanks

sent from my Nokia 5110

Reactions: kcls and jnow2

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
In all politeness, you need to start a new thread for this. Its way off subject. This thread already has three variations done by tdm, we don't need to clutter it with a port of another rom. Thanks

sent from my Nokia 5110

Yeah. I just solved everything. Read the next post. I'm going to make a new thread, yes. But it's not entirely off topic since I'm using this Rom. :)

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
You are correct, I've built drew's ICS kernel from source trying to mess with it to get it to work for my optimus m, but I have had no success in this...
It's not the same as a CD image, it can't be opened with any kind of regular archive manager, it must be decompiled....to see the files in it, but the files you get is not going to help you with this Q project, you have to start from source.

I misremembered the way I make those images on my own computers. If you are in a Linux environment, you should be able to open it with tar, as it's probably a tar archive with gzip, bzip2, or xz compression. Maybe Android is different in this regard than what I use, though.

Reactions: sammyz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I misremembered the way I make those images on my own computers. If you are in a Linux environment, you should be able to open it with tar, as it's probably a tar archive with gzip, bzip2, or xz compression. Maybe Android is different in this regard than what I use, though.

Will try next time I boot into linux lol, thanks.

I waited 20 minutes. Lol. It was due the LCD density. Had to change it to 128. It's booted now, would you like to test?

Test what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001