ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh, for those of you on Sprint who want to try the speakerphone3.zip patch, I just changed the home/menu buttons and made it say Sprint instead of Virgin Mobile. Probably not the most efficient way, but it was quick and I didn't feel like digging into any files.

Just "adb pull" these files and make backups on your computer:
/system/usr/keylayout (the whole folder)
/system/framework/framework-res.apk
/system/build.prop

Then remove them and push replacements from the latest previous build (beta1pre3). I did this all in recovery, and also restored boot.img (probably totally unnecessary, but it was quick). The whole process was maybe 5 min tops including boot time. There's probably a better way to do this, but it's quick/easy.

Just wait for the nightly tomorrow morning, it'll be there. :)

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

henrikb

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The best recovery would be Drew Walton's Cannibal recovery. http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...en-touch-v1-2-latest-update-06-24-2012-a.html

This ROM is very updated, it gets updates regularly every two weeks or so. I've been here since alpha 6 and only once has it taken around a month for an update. Everything works, except for watching video in stock gallery. But stability, I'm not so sure, I switched to the MTriumph (very bad mistake), and I'm not using the V anymore much. So ask someone else about how stable this ROM is or isn't. I wish we had a dev like TDM in the Triumph realm so we could get camera working.
Anyways. This is a good ROM, but if you want completeness, i'd say CM7 is still your best option till this goes beta or final.

Can confirm that the Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 is really sweet.

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
not trying to sound mean or anything, but stop asking about how close fixes are. its basically asking for etas.

Sorry ill stop I'm just so excited for ics, its just that haveing no hotspot is a dealbreaker for me and having to flash back to IHO which not to mention is freezing is some what frustrating, but I do appreciate all that your doing for us tdm :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: sellers86

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just installed Quattrimus CM9 and am thus enjoying ICS for the first time. It's great.

However, I am getting random crashes and restarts every hour or two. I'm trying to figure out when the restarts happen, and the best I can guess is that they happen when CPU usage is suddenly increased after having been low -- just a wild guess. So I put it on another CPU governor, and let's see if that fixes things.

I also am disappointed with the Apollo music player, but that's another story.

Keep up the good work!

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Can confirm that the Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 is really sweet.

Truth. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the option for advanced backup. Now I don't have to keep backing up my huge sd-ext partition every time I do a nand backup for a new rom version. I forgot how much I wanted this feature until I actually saw it!

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
On second thought, resets are pretty random and the governor doesn't change that. Not sure how to fix it... I've done total wipes and fresh flashes a few times, though I haven't wiped my sdcard.... could that be it?

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey just wanted to say that the nightly build is great! Tested it today! Now cant wait for aokp!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

I'm on the LS670 too and keep getting "invalid md5 sum" when trying to download from goo.im

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
On second thought, resets are pretty random and the governor doesn't change that. Not sure how to fix it... I've done total wipes and fresh flashes a few times, though I haven't wiped my sdcard.... could that be it?

You could either try to redownload the rom or i would try to take out my sim card right after a flash and wait to see if you get a reset, although i doubt its your problem it would be a good idea to rule it out

Reactions: xaphoo
Status
Not open for further replies.