[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
problem is I adb is like another language for me.....
Yes, but if you already have it on a computer it's easy to use. Just down load the ROM to your computer, connect your phone, open the command line and type these commands:
Code:
cd <to folder containing ROM>
adb reboot bootloader
sudo fastboot -w update <Name_of the ROM_file>.zip

If adb won't flash the ROM, you can push it to the sdcard and then use TWRP or CW to fash :
Code:
adb push <Name_of the ROM_file>.zip /sdcard/<Name_of the ROM_file>.zip

If you are using Windows use one of the guides to help with the details of connecting your phone.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but computer can't see the phone.
I tried the toolkit from xda, but now I can't even go into recovery.
I can only get to the screen with Start in green and fastboot below it in red.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but computer can't see the phone.
I tried the toolkit from xda, but now I can't even go into recovery.
I can only get to the screen with Start in green and fastboot below it in red.

If the computer can't see the phone then u have a driver issue. Make sure u reload the drivers from the toolkit, good luck. These phones are hard to brick, you'll get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build!

I'm not sure I understand this part of the directions...
3. Go into mounts and storage
4. Format /system
5. Format /data
6. Format /cache

So, before I wipe Dalvik and flash the ROM/Gapps, I check the boxes within the Mount tab (using TWRP) to "mount system", "mount data", and "mount cache"?

If so, then I've seen instructions that say if I get a system 7 error that I need to go and make sure to "unmount system".

It seems that the data and cache are already checked. Why do I mount the system?

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

okay....a few more questions.......If I were to run the Superwipe script, do I do that immediately before flashing the ROM?

Also, if I choose to run the superwipe script, do I wipe cache/dalvik and system as well or is that just overkill?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

okay....a few more questions.......If I were to run the Superwipe script, do I do that immediately before flashing the ROM?

Also, if I choose to run the superwipe script, do I wipe cache/dalvik and system as well or is that just overkill?

I just format the system and then flash the superwipe script before flashing a NEW ROM. When flashing upgrades within the same ROM is when I go dirty.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If the computer can't see the phone then u have a driver issue. Make sure u reload the drivers from the toolkit, good luck. These phones are hard to brick, you'll get it.

thanks...yep just trying to decide between twrp or cm.....I messed up using twrp lol.

rearviewmirror67

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I recently installed the OTA 4.2.2 on my rooted nexus.. I re-rooted using Wugs nexus tool kit. I then lost the ability to wifi-tether. Then I flashed Mmuzzy's french vanilla and the native tethering works now without an app.. but only my computer will connect. I can't get my XBOX 360 to connect.. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

The whole UI sounds are out of date... I think MMuzzy needs to do a resync

Last edited:

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Was there an update to MMuzzy's ROM that wasn't covered here? I did a manual search with GooManager and found that the French Vanilla ROM was updated recently, but it hasn't been mentioned. Anyone flash the 4/26 ROM?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

This ROM still rocks. Nothing else to say or report, The ROM works, it's stable and it's just awesome. :)

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

This rom is like bugless beast was. A few tweaks but just works....LOVE IT!
There is a reason this thread doesn't have a lot of replies. The ROM works so well that there is nothing to talk about. LOL

Free bump for the the best Toro ROM.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a reason this thread doesn't have a lot of replies. The ROM works so well that there is nothing to talk about. LOL

Free bump for the the best Toro ROM.

Or development has stopped since device is 18 months old?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No updates since April. Wow! Euroskanks downloads are starting to thin out as well, still have my Nexus though! :)

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I notice some lag or slowness too-- probably just "buildup". I see reference to a fix for Titanium Backup on some 4.3 ROMs , so I'm thinking I'll move to something using 4.3 after I see TiBu is updated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz