[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I switched. Both are really good. I just enjoy peters work and plan vanilla roms. I haven't spotted anything new yet.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been great with 02/22, this includes checking/sending emails about every hour yesterday, 5 short phone calls, (about 5 minutes each), and no modification whatsover to Peter's kernel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems faster than previous version. I was using the stock leaked 4.04 version prior to this and the speed and fluidity are very similar. The browser may be minutely slower than 4.04, and it is definitely an improvement from the 2/02 version. The last couple of roms I've been keeping the developer feature, force-gpu-use-on, and all animations off. I've been staying with the kernel that came with each rom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Dunno about you guys, but I downloaded recent 2-6-12 BB build and I'm getting a signficantly faster battery drain with gTalk signed in than I was before either with previous builds or with stock GB.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
No weird battery drain for me. Could be your signal? I never used talk or keep online unless I really need to. I think messenger is better. Maybe trying wiping the battery stats to see if that helps.

How many photos do you have loaded in your gallery? I have 19 different gallerys with no choppiness at all. Is that even a word? haha. Some have 300 plus pics. Thank you picasa.

What do you consider choppy though?

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No choppines here either, i just set the GPU to off because somehow fruit ninja seems faster that way. other than that, things continue to run as smooth as they did in the versions i've tried from 01/18 up to 02/06
Btw, i used whatsap a lot, no battery drain as well.
I'm not using third party kernels though, whatever Peter installs in there is what i run, and also whatever CPU/Batterry setup that comes with it.
I tried a couple of kernels before, and every time i tried to overclock or play with the battery, my phone would misbehave. Peter stuff is smooth, and stable enough to satisfy my taste for other ROM's.
I'm doing A LOT :), just flashing his new updates everytime they get posted, i already trust whatever bugless beast comes with, and so far, the only issue for me has been the Exchange activesync client in version 01/18, haven't tried to see what happens with this version cause i also have a Blackberry and a ipod to sync activesync.

Last edited:

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
No weird battery drain for me. Could be your signal? I never used talk or keep online unless I really need to. I think messenger is better. Maybe trying wiping the battery stats to see if that helps.

How many photos do you have loaded in your gallery? I have 19 different gallerys with no choppiness at all. Is that even a word? haha. Some have 300 plus pics. Thank you picasa.

What do you consider choppy though?

Yeah, could be my signal. Tomorrow from the office I'll stay off of gTalk and see if I notice the same/similar enough battery drain b/c of signal.

My gallery isn't choppy at all, either. Pretty smooth.

I will say this, though. My signal at work, at least, hasn't been as good as before with stock GB, and my WiFi hasn't been as strong either (both at least in terms of appearance and not necessarily in terms of actual use).