[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have tested the new build and noticed that the sound problem in video recording came back even after reverting the reversion commit Jerry pointed out in the other thread. Looking at the other changes in the CM repo, most of them are only translation updates in the languages I don't even include. The rest of the changes are only trivial changes and some of them are even reverted by CM developers even before I included. So, I think there is no point of updating the build to include bugs. I will skip this build. 12012011 build is very good and let's keep it until CM7.2 final released.

Those commits were an attempt at destroying my sanity! Make a commit, add another to it, revert part of it, then revert the entire commit, then we have to revert the reverted revert. :p

Just FYI- those posting in another thread about video recorder sound issues stated their issues were fixed with my 1207 build, which uses the reverted/inverted/revert. ;)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Those commits were an attempt at destroying my sanity! Make a commit, add another to it, revert part of it, then revert the entire commit, then we have to revert the reverted revert. :p

Just FYI- those posting in another thread about video recorder sound issues stated their issues were fixed with my 1207 build, which uses the reverted/inverted/revert. ;)

I was going to go through the commits to figure out what was causing the sound problem again. But then I thought why would I try to fix something that was not broken in the previous build. The movie sound problem was fixed in the previous build. I think we are pretty much done with the gingerbread branch now. I am thinking about leaving the gingerbread builds at this point where it is working almost flawless.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was going to go through the commits to figure out what was causing the sound problem again. But then I thought why would I try to fix something that was not broken in the previous build. The movie sound problem was fixed in the previous build. I think we are pretty much done with the gingerbread branch now. I am thinking about leaving the gingerbread builds at this point where it is working almost flawless.

I use your version of this awesome. I am hoping that you continue or at least make a final release when CM7.2 is released.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Got that ice cream melting in your pocket eh? ;)

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So what happened...
Maybe a bad restore or something...
These are one of things that happen once in a blue moon... xD

Sooo, I have two backups, one of Backside 11/22 and the other of Froyo/RodimusRom. I was talking to tech support and i needed to switch back to Froyo, so I wiped Dalvik & Cache and i restored from my froyo backup (Thats exacly how ive done it since forever ago and never failed me... till now). So i did what i needed to do in Froyo went back to recovery wiped Dalvik & Cache restored my Backside restore and rebooted my phone...
Its completely fresh. As in, i have NOTHING. No Google Apps (even market is gone), no phone logs, no favorites, no bookmarks. None of my apps. I have half of my messages, my launcher is gone, my home button and search button dont work. My settings to everything are on default... I lost everything, EXCEPT my contacts. Apparently it stayed sync'd/signed in to google and had no problem loading them back on.
If i could get Market back on my phone i would be able to install TB and bring back some of my apps.
BUT, I tried going on Android Market on my laptop and downloading Market from the actual market back to my phone, and it says it not compatible. Ive downloaded a Market apk from AP, and it wont install.

Ive wiped everything, downloaded the latest backside, flashed it and still have all the same problems.
Ive re-wiped and flashed gapps after backside and when i reboot, no google apps.
I feel like I have a non-Android, non-smartphone phone. Its like disabled, cant do much. xD I know ill have to format the crap out of it and flash again, and do things all over, i just wanted to write this so others can relate or just learn from me xD Even though Im almost certain i didnt do anything wrong.
Oh and the only setting Ive noticed it saved is my OC settings xD
Btw, sorry for all the Typo's, Im in a rush.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
12102011 MiRaGe

My curiosity has beaten my frustration and I had to fix the sound in video recording problem (yet again) in yesterday's build. It is uploaded now in the Wiki. Feel free to keep 12012011 build since this is not much different. I wanted to have a problem-free base to merge the new changes in CM7.2 final, phew! The few changes in this build are as follows.

- CM sync, there were only a few changes and some of them had to be reverted due to problems.
- SVGA and QVGA options in camera are removed since they were not working.

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM team.

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: 12102011 MiRaGe

My curiosity has beaten my frustration and I had to fix the sound in video recording problem (yet again) in yesterday's build. It is uploaded now in the Wiki. Feel free to keep 12012011 build since this is not much different. I wanted to have a problem-free base to merge the new changes in CM7.2 final, phew! The few changes in this build are as follows.

- CM sync, there were only a few changes and some of them had to be reverted due to problems.
- SVGA and QVGA options in camera are removed since they were not working.

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM team.

Downloading as we speak. I look forward to trying it out!
Great so far. The ADW Launcher is garbage in my opinion though. Got Go Launcher EX and Launcher Pro right off. Should try having one of those as defaults instead.

Last edited:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Great so far. The ADW Launcher is garbage in my opinion though. Got Go Launcher EX and Launcher Pro right off. Should try having one of those as defaults instead.
I've come to like ADW, but only after using it for a while and getting to know it well. It still has some features I would never use, though.

So I hope mrg666 will keep ADW as default ;-)

Anyways, it's easy enough to change after you flash.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Downloading as we speak. I look forward to trying it out!

We use ADW because it is open source, afaik Go launcher is not.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to say I'm quite pleased with MrG's 12/01 build, just updated to the 12/10 because I can but found no issues prior. Everything works, very responsive even after days of uptime and amazing battery life. :cool:

Thnx for everyones hard work :-*

I love the look on peoples face when I whip out my phone to do something, and they see it running a fancy version of android and ask what phone it is.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I've come to like ADW, but only after using it for a while and getting to know it well. It still has some features I would never use, though.

Agreed, it is easy to change the launcher from so many options in the Market. ADW is default, small, and efficient. It is a good base to start with. Actually, it is just fine for me to keep using it.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This is really off topic, but I didn't want to create a new thread for it. But, does anybody know where I can find a flashable ICS lockscreen?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Idk, I tried for awhile to mess around with it, just seemed slow and dated. Got the Go Launcher EX, it seems a little more bloated, but after removing useless stuff (GoStore...etc) and customizing it, I like it more than the Launcherpro now. Its fast, smooth, and minimal now.
For me, it was just that BobzHome ROM had Launcherpro instead of ADW, which made me like his ROM SOOOO much more, so I kept that one. Gave Mirages another shot, this time with a new launcher, and it's now my favorite. It's just a little inconvenient on my end, little more work got me a new favorite ROM :)

Sooo...whats going to be so special about ICS 4.0 on this Optimus V? I don't see whats going to make it that much better everyone is talking about

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana