[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Same! I've been wondering about this! It's finally beginning to irk me. You download the app... any app, big or small. It downloads fine, but the second it hits "Installing..." the market FC's. I can't download any of my purchased 10 cent apps! I'm thinking it may have to do with the fact that I updated without undoing the market cache to SD card, but I don't know. Planning on doing a full wipe everything and reflash this weekend anyway, since I haven't done that in quote awhile. We'll see if that fixes it.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking it may have to do with the fact that I updated without undoing the market cache to SD card, but I don't know...

Now you know. ;)

I posted a warning in red letters when I posted my latest build, warning everyone to undo cache scripts before flashing. This is most likely your issue.

Reactions: sharpe351

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Now you know. ;)

I posted a warning in red letters when I posted my latest build, warning everyone to undo cache scripts before flashing. This is most likely your issue.

Yeah, and the thing is is it was early in the morning, I saw that, and was like "Oh, I'll wait till after school to flash" but then forgot, put it on my phone anyway, and flashed, completely forgetting about the having to move the market cache back. My bad :). I'm sure the full wipe will fix it then.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jerry, I did a data wipe from recovery and all is back to normal. Got my 10 cent apps installed no problem. I usually do a backup, but didn't this time for some odd reason.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What are cached scripts?

Cache scripts are things like links2sd, TitaniumBackup's dalvik integration, etc. If you don't undo them before flashing, you will have issues with market downloads and sometimes invalid packages errors.

I have been using TB's dalvik intergration for about a month now, I highly recommend it. However, I found that if you don't undo the integration before flashing a new build, you will have to reflash gapps and re-initialize your account.

Reactions: kraven

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Cache scripts are things like links2sd, TitaniumBackup's dalvik integration, etc. If you don't undo them before flashing, you will have issues with market downloads and sometimes invalid packages errors.

I have been using TB's dalvik intergration for about a month now, I highly recommend it. However, I found that if you don't undo the integration before flashing a new build, you will have to reflash gapps and re-initialize your account.

I use link2sd and havent had any problems yet. I have it set to link the dalvik cache but dont seen an option to undo that globaly

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Wait, so if I reflash gapps, I wont have to do a full wipe?

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
BTW guys. Those of you who want to shut the screen off but not end the call with the power button. Just use the button remapper app that jerry posted ( posted a link to the thread and creator of app).. and change it from "end call" to "power " ..

.I also used that same remapper app to remap the voice button to the search button so that i can then use the Launch Key app .. this app lets you remap your search key to any app you have installed .. i set it to launch google voice and now its all working well :D

mrdally204

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I got a phone with Jerrys IHO installed. Just sold it and the person who owns the phone now just tried changing the phone number on it. Says the key combinations he needs to input are not working. Is there any way to complete this without flashing back to original/another rom? Even if its talking with customer service or doing it through the website. Any information would be wonderful THANKS!

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I got a phone with Jerrys IHO installed. Just sold it and the person who owns the phone now just tried changing the phone number on it. Says the key combinations he needs to input are not working. Is there any way to complete this without flashing back to original/another rom? Even if its talking with customer service or doing it through the website. Any information would be wonderful THANKS!

iirc u need a stock rom with the activate app. I don't believe it works with gingerbread. If u have a copy of it. NAndroid his current rom and flash over the stock after wiping everything except sdcard. Try it then.

There may be a stock froyo from with it floating around on here somewhere.

Sent from your mom's phone.

mrdally204

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid of that. Phone eBay-d. Did not foresee the activation issue. Anyone else have better (for me) information I am all ears!

Also I believe I tossed the stock ROM as I never planed on going back. A link to it would be extremely helpful.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Mrdally you can use the harmonia rom to activate its literally two or three posts down as i type this. its an awesome froyo rom that lets you do that :p

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a Gingerbread version of the activate apk taken from another phone, unteseted on the OV afaik. I don't know if you and your buyer would want to risk the phone on trying it out, but if you do, I'll send it to you. ;)

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i have the latest jerry's iho installed and i cant receive text messages from a verizon iphone 4 .. i was wondering if its a verizon thing or my phones problem or the rom's

bfromtheblock

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
embarrassing question... running Jerry's latest. When I long press on a app on my homescreen it won't let me delete the app off the homescreen. I can't find any settings that govern this either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter