[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry, question about your ROM: The screen even at its lowest brightness is brighter than on my old bumblebee ROM. I got some root brightness app off the market and it will lower the brightness back to its normal low, so I am just wondering why the lowest setting is still brighter than the actual lowest brightness.

btw... I keep trying to find ways your ROM could be improved, and I am delightfully at a loss as to what could be improved;) pure gingerbread awesomeness

I'll look into it, I don't recall it being mentioned before, and mine seems pretty dark at it's lowest. Any lower and it would require total darkness, and there's the rendering effect settings to help in those circumstances. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Its a known GB rom bug. You'll need to put your sd card on another device to access your files.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Not so! You can use USB mass storage fine on IHO builds, just be sure you have the LG drivers per the wiki. I use it to transfer ROM builds almost daily (though I'm getting partial to using the new ADB over network settings ;)).

Reactions: notufatjesus

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not so! You can use USB mass storage fine on IHO builds, just be sure you have the LG drivers per the wiki. I use it to transfer ROM builds almost daily (though I'm getting partial to using the new ADB over network settings ;)).

Thanks Jerry ...unaware of this. Gonna get that working ....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I am excited to try this, it sounds really cool. This is from CM right? Do you happen to know what version(s) it will go into? I'm thinking this would be a great reason to upgrade my nook color from 7.1b1. :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The commit was originally for 7.2, I'm not sure if it will get added to 7.2 final, or be reworked/rebased for CM9. Here's the commit I'm working from, it's a rework of an earlier commit by another author who abandoned his work, so Tanguy took it over:
Gerrit Code Review

And here's my patchset:
Settings
frameworks/base
device/lge/thunderc

Of course, you can use adbWireless from the Market, but why take up storage space with an app that does something built in, when we just needed to enable it's usage. ;)

BTW- pulled in your changes for powered off charging, thank you VERY much, will have it in my next build (probably relase an early one just for it ;))!

That's right everyone, tdm fixed the power off charging issue, with some help from the work done on other LGE phones! Thanks tdm!!!
Note- I want to see about changing the timing a bit, the IHO initlogo.rle barely appears anylonger.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Special Build Is Up!
BIG THANKS TO Tom Marshal aka tdm FOR FIXING THE CHARGE-WHILE-POWERED-OFF ISSUE!

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01102012.zip
md5sum 8070234dcf9bad2ea7f96666b2857418

GreenMachineTheme-01102012.zip

Changes:
--Reversed logic on transparent status bar background for theme/rom, needs testing.
--FIXED CHARGING WHILE POWERED OFF
notes:
-Turning off your phone and then plugging it in will begin charging
-Long press the power button to boot the phone up
-Rebooting in recovery while usb is plugged in will put you in charge-while-powered-off mode, once you see the battery charging images, long press the power button to boot up.

Thanks again Tom, this is one of the oldest gingerbread bugs around for the OV! ;)

Note- I will not be adding this to the main post or the wiki yet, since I just posted a build.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Special Build Is Up!
BIG THANKS TO Tom Marshal aka tdm FOR FIXING THE CHARGE-WHILE-POWERED-OFF ISSUE!

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01102012.zip
md5sum 8070234dcf9bad2ea7f96666b2857418

GreenMachineTheme-01102012.zip

Changes:
--Reversed logic on transparent status bar background for theme/rom, needs testing.
--FIXED CHARGING WHILE POWERED OFF
notes:
-Turning off your phone and then plugging it in will begin charging
-Long press the power button to boot the phone up
-Rebooting in recovery while usb is plugged in will put you in charge-while-powered-off mode, once you see the battery charging images, long press the power button to boot up.

Thanks again Tom, this is one of the oldest gingerbread bugs around for the OV! ;)

Note- I will not be adding this to the main post or the wiki yet, since I just posted a build.

That's super! :D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, special rom charges great while off. Had charger in and when rebooting from recovery it goes to charge screen. So i then hold power button to get it on and it restarts back to charging screen lol.

So to get it on, we gotta unplug and start then plug back in.

Sent from your mom's phone.

Reactions: JerryScript

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the new ROM. Its great. Noticed that the status bar now matches the background color i.e. looks transparent. Charging while the phone is off works great. Tried to sync my gmail calendar but got an error message that sync was not working. Will try again when phone is charged. One more thing I noticed was that on the first boot after reflash, I saw the virgin mobile logo before the green machine animation. Dont think I have seen this before, though I may not have noticed it earlier. Thanks to everyone involved in this ROM! I have been using VM for many years now, mainly to cut down on my plan cost, but had to be satisfied with using low-end phones. I jumped on the Intercept as soon as it came out, but that was not a satisfying experience. With the work you guys have put in, I feel that I now get to eat my cake and have it too :)

Reactions: JerryScript

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
^^^^ have cake and eat it too? ;)

I think the VM logo thing had something to do with the charging detail lol.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, special rom charges great while off. Had charger in and when rebooting from recovery it goes to charge screen. So i then hold power button to get it on and it restarts back to charging screen lol.

So to get it on, we gotta unplug and start then plug back in.

Long pressing the power button while powered-off-charging should reboot the phone. I hold it till I see the LG logo. ;)

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
^^^^ have cake and eat it too? ;)

I meant a cheap service with an excellent phone. Earlier it was one or the other. Get ripped off for a usable smart phone or suffer a second rate experience to save money.

Carriers in the US really know how to gouge customers. They give you a free phone and charge a high monthly rate to "supposedly" recover the cost of the phone. Then two years later, you own the phone but the monthly rate never comes down. Go figure.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe