[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
i installed this on my optimus v.. (first rom ever). but i used rom manager recovery. and now it freezes on boot and just keeps on saying Warning: This phone will selfdestruct in 5 seconds.. can some1 help me fix it. or atleast how to switch back to stock rom which i made a backup of

LOLWTF? Dude cant be serious.... Wish this was on Utube.

LOL, that made my night

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
i installed this on my optimus v.. (first rom ever). but i used rom manager recovery. and now it freezes on boot and just keeps on saying Warning: This phone will selfdestruct in 5 seconds.. can some1 help me fix it. or atleast how to switch back to stock rom which i made a backup of

Someone needs to make this into a boot animation:p

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing you guys never had the bootsound Jerry put in for a while. It was the the phone will self destruct in 5 seconds the poster is talking about. People complained and threw fits over it.

Im guessing EpicSilver might be a troll however if not, then mocking him doesnt help him.

I suggest using the button that says search and read over the multiple threads on how to fix the problem.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Never, ever use, ROM manager. You are better off doing it the old fashion way. Using the ADB method.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't making fun of the poster, I thought it was comical that his phone said that. I haven't been in the android rom-testing world long enough to know that there was a rom that did that.

Why did people throw fits! I'd be elated if my phone did that... in fact I may go record a boot sound for myself right now:p

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01182012.zip
md5sum d712dcd077d1c92b1de30c8d59f71700

GreenMachineTheme-01182012.zip

Changes:
- Synced with CM, lots of behinds the scenes tweaks (translastions etc), added Holo lockscreen ring style
- Changed first bootanimation, replaced VirginMobile's with one for BACKside-IHO
- Added update checker (see below for details)

Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, tdm, kermikalelite, thekraven, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more! ;)

NEW -- BacksideUpdater.apk is now included in the /system/app, accessible via the app drawer or under
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>System settings>>Check for ROM updates

Open the app (or select the option in settings), and press the Check Now button. If a new version is available, you press the Download Now button to download it. After downloading from the webpage, press your back button to return to the app. Press the Reboot into Recovery Now button to boot directly into recovery, then proceed as normal to wipe cache/dalvik cache and then flash the newly downloaded ROM zip file (it will be under downloads unless you've changed your default download directory). ;)

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So basically: I meant that it was part of the rom boot animation Eollie stated before.. i eas trying to say it was stuck on boot but the sound was continuing to play. I recovered back into stock but im still extremely new to this and was wondering if anyone could make a video tutoiriol because i don't think i am properly installing/flashing the rom correctly

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry, Is wifi broken in new build? When I turn it on, it doeznt scan for networks at all. It also cuts off in 5 seconds after turning on. Could I have done something wrong?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry, Is wifi broken in new build? When I turn it on, it doeznt scan for networks at all. It also cuts off in 5 seconds after turning on. Could I have done something wrong?

I'm using WiFi on the latest build to post this reply. Did you wipe cache & dalvik cache, and check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes,just flashed new build mine does the samething. Turn it on and wont scan for my network.

I just downloaded the new build via my phone over WiFi, using the new build to do it. I then rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik cache, flashed the newly downloaded zip file, rebooted, and I'm now typing this on my phone and posting via WiFi.

I am now editing via WiFi on my phone using the newly installed build downloaded via WiFi. Sounds like you need to reflash, check md5sum, or do a complete wipe/format.

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
jerry can u please double check on the wifi thing. maybe do a reflash or make sure u uploaded the right one.. im having the same wifi problem... reflashed many times. TY

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, using the latest build which I had previously downloaded via wifi on the same build (loaded right after I built it), I redownloaded the ROM and GreenMachineTheme zips from the links posted here.

I then checked the md5sum of the downloads on the phone using terminal.

I then booted into recovery and wiped cache, and under advanced wiped dalvik cache.

I then flashed the BACKside zip file, and then the GreenMachineTheme zip file.

I then rebooted, and waited patiently for my phone to fully initialize
(I always wait 5 minutes on first boot before touching the phone to let it fully load up ;) )

While waiting, I saw the wifi icon engage (turned white then green) before the phone went to sleep during first boot up.
(took about 7 seconds)

I then unlocked the phone, swiped the screens around a bit to be sure there was no lag left, used the Power Control widget to turn wifi off, counted to 10 slowly and turned it back on. It reconnected to wifi in about 10 seconds.

I then opened my browser and loaded up several webpages, opened the Market, streamed some music via TuneIn Radio, watched a YouTube video, and checked scores on Score Mobile.

There have been no changes to wifi in the code for a couple of months. My only conclusion is that the ROM's wifi is fine. Sorry to say, but it may take a complete wipe/format/reinstall-restore to fix whatever issues you may be having.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry, I tried to redownload again. I downloaded from my computer about 20 minutes ago, put it on my phones. Wipe Boot,Cache,System,Data manually, followed by the Factory Reset, then Dalvik Cache wipe. After that, I flashed DebugFormatALL.zip to make sure I wiped. Flashed the Rom, Gapps, and the Wifi turns off if I highlight another selection and doesn't scan for a network. :/