[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,

I'm having the same issue with your new build. When I turn on Wifi it just turns itself back off after about 5 - 10 seconds and while it's on it doesn't show any networks. I have performed full wipes (boot, cache, data, system, dalvik cache) and reflashed the rom a few times. Even downloaded the rom again and verified the md5sum. I even tried switching from Xionia recovery to IHO just to be sure it wasn't a recovery issue.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you guys. I have downloaded the ROM from the links posted here three times now, wiped and reflashed, and each time my WiFi has worked fine. I'm posting this from my phone over WiFi now.

If you are not using the recommended recovery, please try with it. There have been no changes to WiFi in the code for a while now.

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
For all of you having problems with the latest build, have you tried going back to the earlier build? If that works, it would rule out a problem with the recovery (I am guessing). Has anyone else got the latest build working?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, there is a single file I can think of that is different, and it could in some way interact with wifi.

Try using a root file explorer and delete /sbin/ftmpower

It's a stock binary I've been experimenting with while working on the power-off-charging. I forgot to remove it before building. I never got anything out of it during testing, so I kinda doubt its the issue. bit it's worth trying to delete.

I've still got it on my phone, and after 4 downloads over my phone's wifi, and wiping only cache and dalvik cache, then reflashing the newly downloaded zip, my wifi still connects within 15 seconds of the screen turning on at first boot, and never takes more than 15 seconds to connect when turned on and off. I'm in a room at the opposite end of the house from my router, and it's downstairs, I'm upstairs, and the faux chimney and stairwell are between us as well.

I'm sorry I can't reproduce the issue you are reporting, I'm definitely trying. If deleting ftmpower doesn't help, and you have issues with wifi, you may want to revert to a previous build.

I gotta get some sleep!:confused:

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the /sbin/ftmpower file and still no go on wifi. Didn't have previous build on my sdcard so flashed over to bob's rom just to make sure my phone wasn't going nuts on me and wifi worked fine. Flashed back to backside and issue came back. Other than that everything else is working great. Don't use wifi at work so I'll just wait and flash last build when I get home if I don't get it working. Thanks Jerry for some idea's and for some great Rom's and all the other Dev's too!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,

After a few more wipes and reflashes I got my wifi working on your new build. I flashed back to your last build and wifi worked so I fully wiped phone and flashed new build just to check again. No wifi. Fully wiped and flashed back to last build and checked wifi again and it worked. Just for heck of it left wifi on, cleared just cache and dalvik cache and upgraded to new build and wifi continued working. Not sure if it was just coincidence or not but it worked by just upgrading rom instead of full wipe.

Last edited:

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
this may have nothing to do with it but i noticed these type problems back when i used to to do "wipe data/factory reset" with every wipe.
when i started wiping as Jerry recommended WIFI and other problems seemed to disappear.
some recoveries will even change your sd/ext [ext2 to ext3] if you use the "wipe data/factory reset"

my 1-18 build WIFI is rock solid [been on and off for 12 hrs]

Reactions: JerryScript

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d