[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

saberger_vt

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the LG drivers installed? Which ROM are you using, there are more than 4 posted in this thread. ;)

I have had the same issue, but come to find out USB will work at home, but not on my work computer, since I do not have administrator rights to load the LG drivers! Is there a way to force USB connection so that I can see the SD card, without having to install the drivers? Prior to flashing, I was able to see the SD on my work computer.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Can someone answer a guestion for me. On mediafire when i go to download a zip,it says try again. It never said this before,within the last few days. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Oh Jerry the updater worked perfectly,this is a good idea. Great Job.

I've experienced that as well with mediafire, and a few other places as well. Solution: long-press the link and select open in new window. With mediafire, the new window disappears almost instantly, and the download begins. ;)

Yesterday when I tried to download the build you posted yesterday on my phone I had the same thing happen. Then because I couldnt get connected to wifi and the download was taking forever. So I sent a text to my gvoice number with the download link and attempted to download it via my pc. I had the same thing happen when I clicked on download, it had the try again and I had to click on it to get it started.

Jerry I think there might be something bugging out when you are directing people to mediafire via the updater. Nothing major now but it could end up causing problems later if corrupted downloads are pushed out.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
All the updater does is open a webpage in the standard manner. I've had this issue sporadically with mediafire in the past. I'm sure it has to do with the javascript on the page, it attempts to open popups and other stuff before beginning the download, and it doesn't always do it the same way (look at the page's source sometime, it's a minefield of advertisements and popups). ;)

2stupid

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
All the updater does is open a webpage in the standard manner. I've had this issue sporadically with mediafire in the past. I'm sure it has to do with the javascript on the page, it attempts to open popups and other stuff before beginning the download, and it doesn't always do it the same way (look at the page's source sometime, it's a minefield of advertisements and popups). ;)

long press, open in new window on the download link works for me.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Mediafire fails to start the download on a phone because they tried to make it Mobile. You know it starts downloading when the Address bar changes to like, 200.002.100.4 Or something like that......

anzala

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Jerry Script and crew great work! I'm a programmer myself so I know how hard it is to my changes. We appreciate the fact that you stay up late at night losing sleep working on this. I have a question for you, what are you future plans for the optimus v?
I have another two question for you, I noticed when my phone is off and plugged in to the wall by the power cord when I turn it on it power up and turns right back off but when I unplug it im turning on comes on... my second question my alarm clock will not turn off. Can you please suggest something..
Thank you for your Help

Reactions: JerryScript

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow Jerry I really like the new splash-screen. Simple and elegant.
I have a question that maybe slightly off topic. Is there a way to edit zip files on my phone? I usually download new roms on my computer so I can use winrar to swap out the key file before I flash it. I like the power button to be the only one that wakes my phone.

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Jerry Script and crew great work! I'm a programmer myself so I know how hard it is to my changes. We appreciate the fact that you stay up late at night losing sleep working on this. I have a question for you, what are you future plans for the optimus v?
I have another two question for you, I noticed when my phone is off and plugged in to the wall by the power cord when I turn it on it power up and turns right back off but when I unplug it im turning on comes on... my second question my alarm clock will not turn off. Can you please suggest something..
Thank you for your Help

When plugged in. Hold power button til the lg screen. I had this problem too lol(not really a problem, unless rebooting while plugged in.)

Sent from your mom's phone.

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Btw we still need to flash gapps for backside rooms? I've been doing it every flash but wondering if i should be or not lol.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
@JerryScript
I just did a repo sync with you github only thing is that your build file is still pointing at the old make file instead of the new virgin file. After that though it built fine only issue is wifi which I've got a feeling you know about

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your Help
The future of BACKside on the OV is open to suggestions at all times. I'm currently working on finally getting all the stock functionality working (headset w/o mic, voice button, etc). I'm also adding built in theme options, ie status bar background, dropdown background, status bar clock, etc. Since the notification dropdown is such an important and visually overwhelming part of the gui, I plan on adding more customization features to it. I would also like to extend the theme options to other parts of the gui, similar to how the overscroll glow color has been extended to all gui elements (even apps outside the system). Suggestions are always welcome!

I haven't tried a wall charger yet, I use a stand-alone charger I bought with spare batteries. I do know there are hooks to determine if it's a wall charger or a USB charger, and Blarf originally set the kernel up to draw power differently from each, not sure how Bob's kernel does it, but I'm pretty sure it's based on Blarf's original setup for charging. Are you using the stock charging cable? There have been reports of issues with charging that ended up being the result of using a non-stock charging cable, so that may be an issue as well.

Wow Jerry I really like the new splash-screen. Simple and elegant.
I have a question that maybe slightly off topic. Is there a way to edit zip files on my phone? I usually download new roms on my computer so I can use winrar to swap out the key file before I flash it. I like the power button to be the only one that wakes my phone.
There are several options available on the market, including standard zip applications, zip signers for signing apk packages, and several of the root capable file managers have zip capabilities as well. You can also use ButtonRemapper (I think you have to get it on xda) to remap the keys via an app. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Btw we still need to flash gapps for backside rooms? I've been doing it every flash but wondering if i should be or not lol.

You only need to flash gapps if you are doing a complete wipe. ;)

Blarf and Tom(tdm) are looking into a solution for rebooting without getting stuck in offline-charging mode. The stock OV doesn't have a reboot option, so it was never an issue for LG. Blarf thinks we can work out a solution, but since we don't have source to LG's proprietary binaries, we have to reverse engineer and/or hack it up to get the desired results.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Ah, wouldn't life be so much easier if LG would release those files?

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@JerryScript
I just did a repo sync with you github only thing is that your build file is still pointing at the old make file instead of the new virgin file. After that though it built fine only issue is wifi which I've got a feeling you know about

Yeah, I haven't synced with IHO's new device folder setup yet. I'm still playing around with some of the extra initrd LG proprietary binaries, attempting to get things like mic-less headsets and the voice button to work.

If you need, I can send you the proper zImage and modules for Bob's kernel with working wifi. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz