[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but it won't let me turn on my phone while it is charging. It flashes the IHO logo and then just returns to the charging battery animation.

Hold the power button until the lg logo appears. Its a new "feature" letting people charge with the phone off. However IMO its more of a pain in the arese. After attempting to "upgrade" to the newest version of Backside Ive had more issues than I care to list. So everytime I try to reboot to see if its fixed I have to hold the damn power button down. I rebooted my phone earlier walked away to utilize the little boys room and came back expecting my phone to be rebooted and waiting for me to input the info....only NO it was sitting there with the stupid charging battery thing.

la;kjeflkjfwaoijfwqei hj
/rant

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hold the power button until the lg logo appears. Its a new "feature" letting people charge with the phone off. However IMO its more of a pain in the arese. After attempting to "upgrade" to the newest version of Backside Ive had more issues than I care to list. So everytime I try to reboot to see if its fixed I have to hold the damn power button down. I rebooted my phone earlier walked away to utilize the little boys room and came back expecting my phone to be rebooted and waiting for me to input the info....only NO it was sitting there with the stupid charging battery thing.

la;kjeflkjfwaoijfwqei hj
/rant

Honestly, I think it's a kind of a PITA myself. But reports seem to indicate that it charges faster in that state (it's not "off", really, but there must be some sort of power savings in that magical chargerlogo app) and it makes IHO more like the vendor ROM (for better or worse).

It would be nice to make it a toggleable feature but since it's baked into the boot partition that might be a bit difficult to do...

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Stop complaining;) jk.... the work around is just not shutting the phone off seeing as you couldn't shut it off while charging before.

What part of it what I said did you not understand? Seriously

If you are using adb to do anything and type reboot to reboot the device it will goto charge mode. That is not a intended function of rebooting while plugged in.

Further more you spend 3 hours trying to figure out what is wrong with your phone and everytime you reboot with the phone plugged in you have to babysit the damn thing cause otherwise it will not just reboot it goes into charge mode.

Jerry I tired to install a older build set it up and then just flash the new builds over. Wifi is refusing to scan and will auto shut off. Had I not been so frustrated and ready to throw the phone over the new charge function I would have ran some logcat. However until we can get a toggle from the boot menu Ill just stick with a non wonky build, which happens to be the 1-10 build.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
How is this "replacement" coming? :D

It's built into BACKside-IHO as of the 01182012 build. It currently only checks for updates, either initiates a direct download or sends you to a download webpage (depends upon how the ROM dev has downloads set up), and reboots you into recovery.
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>System>>Check for ROM updates

To Do:
--Add options to automatically wipe/flash upon rebooting into recovery
--Add listing of all ROM builds currently available, instead of only the most recent
--Add support for optional files and themes
--Add check to insure the proper phone is being used (not too important now since it's built into the ROM)

On the wifi issue with the recent build, thekraven discovered an issue with the wireless.ko module built into the version of BobZhome's kernel. I will have a fixed build up tonite, thanks to thekraven for noticing the mismatch in md5sums on the modules! ;)

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Can someone answer a guestion for me. On mediafire when i go to download a zip,it says try again. It never said this before,within the last few days. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Oh Jerry the updater worked perfectly,this is a good idea. Great Job.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Can someone answer a guestion for me. On mediafire when i go to download a zip,it says try again. It never said this before,within the last few days. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Oh Jerry the updater worked perfectly,this is a good idea. Great Job.

I've experienced that as well with mediafire, and a few other places as well. Solution: long-press the link and select open in new window. With mediafire, the new window disappears almost instantly, and the download begins. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
WiFi BUG ISSUE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!

I just did a complete wipe/format, and for the first time ever on my phone, did a factory reset in recovery. Note that this is not the instructions I posted for installing, but I wanted to follow what others had been posting they did. Once I reflashed the ROM and gapps, and rebooted, wifi would not scan or even activate for more than a couple of seconds.

What has happened is that a recent kernel upgrade had a borked wireless.ko module. If you don't format system/data/boot, this module can remain when flashing a new build (funky Android file system). So I followed my posted instructions, and had no problems, while others did unecessary complete wipes or factory restores, and had problems. I am building now with a fresh module, should have it up in a couple of hours (gotta test it first).

Moral of the story: Please, Please, PLEASE follow instructions for installing the ROM. Failing to do so leads to a sleepless night and a full day of debugging for me to figure out your problems. ;)

I'll have the new build up tonite if I can keep my eyes open! :confused:

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, for the last several ROM revisions I have not had use of my video camera. Perhaps I missed a note somewhere that showed this as a known issue?

I am currently on Jan. 3rd's build. I cannot confirm whether this issue started the first time I loaded your ROM or not. However, I can confirm that it has been present over several ROM updates for me. I may just need to do a clean install, but I wanted to run this buy you and see if you had any ideas.

Here is a link to an example of what it is doing. The video image works fine, the audio does not.

Thanks for your work on this project and for allowing us the option to update our more-than-capable phones.

j razz

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but it won't let me turn on my phone while it is charging. It flashes the IHO logo and then just returns to the charging battery animation.

First read the post above yours, it gives you instructions on how to find the recent issues.

To turn your phone on while charging, long press the power key till the LG logo appears. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, for the last several ROM revisions I have not had use of my video camera. Perhaps I missed a note somewhere that showed this as a known issue?

I am currently on Jan. 3rd's build. I cannot confirm whether this issue started the first time I loaded your ROM or not. However, I can confirm that it has been present over several ROM updates for me. I may just need to do a clean install, but I wanted to run this buy you and see if you had any ideas.

Here is a link to an example of what it is doing. The video image works fine, the audio does not.

Thanks for your work on this project and for allowing us the option to update our more-than-capable phones.

j razz

Yes, we have covered the no audio in video recording issue many times, but I understand this thread is huge.

Go into Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Sounds and turn off camera click sound. There is a race condition with the sound stopping and the recording begining. Eliminating the camera click shutter sound makes it a one man race, and your audio will record fine again. ;)

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced that as well with mediafire, and a few other places as well. Solution: long-press the link and select open in new window. With mediafire, the new window disappears almost instantly, and the download begins. ;)

this is what i have had to do for the past couple builds.

BTW TY EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN WORKING ON THIS BUILD TO MAKE IT WHERE IT IS NOW!

Sent from your mom's phone.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Jerry I appreciate everything you do even tho I and moan about silly things.

Moral of the story: Please, Please, PLEASE follow instructions for installing the ROM. Failing to do so leads to a sleepless night and a full day of debugging for me to figure out your problems. ;)

Heres the dealio for me. I use the sd-ext trick and if I dont wipe all I end up sitting with my phone in the ready to fly across the highway. Ive tried everything including working witht he dev for the data2ext to figure this out. No matter what I do the only way to not have issues is to wipe everything.

I look at this a bit differently, had people not reported this then it could have slipped by for several builds and then blew up on everybody. It sucks you have had a crappy day of tracking down the bug but in all honesty I think you are better knowing now and able to patch it then it end up creating tons of problems latter.

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Jerry I appreciate everything you do even tho I and moan about silly things.

Heres the dealio for me. I use the sd-ext trick and if I dont wipe all I end up sitting with my phone in the ready to fly across the highway. Ive tried everything including working witht he dev for the data2ext to figure this out. No matter what I do the only way to not have issues is to wipe everything.

I look at this a bit differently, had people not reported this then it could have slipped by for several builds and then blew up on everybody. It sucks you have had a crappy day of tracking down the bug but in all honesty I think you are better knowing now and able to patch it then it end up creating tons of problems latter.

With the number of people responding I don't think this would have slipped by haha. But this does tell us that many people including myself do factory reset the phone. I've seen it pushed in many threads about how to properly wipe the phone so it sounds like we all learned something today :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I take full responsibility for the bugs in BACKside-IHO, I'm sorry if I made it sound any other way.

I'm definitely glad the bug was found quickly, and I do realize it was found so quickly due to alternative installation methods. The issue is with troubleshooting. Look at technical based forums all over the internet, and you will find groups of helpful posters who constantly remind people to post the details of their device, software, methodology, etc. Perhaps I should add such a request in my signature (as a lot of these people do in other forums).

It boils down to this, if you don't follow the standard installation procedure as laid out in the first post, please give details about how you have set your phone up when reporting bugs.

-- Recovery used
-- What was wiped and/or formatted prior to installation
-- What build date you are using
-- What theme, lockscreen, or other overlay you are using
-- What app(s) may be giving you issues (especially if reporting about a system function when using an app)

I appreciate all feedback, even if some of it makes me loose sleep! ;)

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to go off topic, but I received an IM from VM last nighty that says "Your Beyond Talk plan is about to change. Starting 3/23/12, dataspeeds may be reduced once you hit 2.5GB." Any one know a good way to monitor my data usage?

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to go off topic, but I received an IM from VM last nighty that says "Your Beyond Talk plan is about to change. Starting 3/23/12, dataspeeds may be reduced once you hit 2.5GB." Any one know a good way to monitor my data usage?

I personally use the free version of My Data Manager, that works pretty well for me.

Reactions: mm60

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I definitely missed that [sound issue concerning video recording]. Thanks though for taking time to respond even though it has been addressed earlier. To me, that is most respectable and I appreciate your willingness to go above and beyond when there is nothing demanding that you do so.

Thanks again for your work on this ROM and for your attitude in dealing with all the questions and repeat questions :)

j razz

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

Grab via the BacksideUpdater in your app drawer, or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01202012.zip
md5sum aef59f2a774ce84635e3570dbf244fef

GreenMachineTheme-01202012.zip

Changes: Fixed borked WiFi module from 0118 build -- Added camcorder icon back in

Tested a bunch before posting, let me know how it works out for you! ;)

Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team, and everyone who tests and gives feedback!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d