[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Wats different between blarf's kernel and bobzhome's kernel?

It was v2 kernel initiated by Blarf and then abandoned. It had some fixes from 2.6.35 and 2.6.38 merged in. Bob added support for the new screens, latest governors, and other optimizations. Since it is currently maintained and developed by Bob, I switched to that kernel. It works very well. This is the short version. Maybe Bob adds/corrects my statement. Also, there is discussion about this in the XDA IHO thread.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
IIRC in the recovery menu reset menu it does the sd-ext automagically. So wouldnt this be opps wrong script command instead?

yeah, that's why i was concerned as well. I just hit "wipe data" like normal and got concerned when i saw the format sd-ext message.

so going forward, should i just make another partition? is there a way to delete my other partition? i'll download that PC program, do some reading up and try to manage it from there.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah, that's why i was concerned as well. I just hit "wipe data" like normal and got concerned when i saw the format sd-ext message.

so going forward, should i just make another partition? is there a way to delete my other partition? i'll download that PC program, do some reading up and try to manage it from there.

Have you tried to mount the ext within recovery? The regular ClockworkMod recovery would not mount or backup the sd-ext for me... But the IHO Recovery did...

Just a thought...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

My thoughts are this your ext partition is there but everything was deleted. No need to create a new partition. I dont use the darktremor method as it never would work.

I use the method here its not as "simple" because you have to manually type the commands but I have never had it fail me yet.

Data2ext CyanogenMOD - UPDATE 26/01/11 - xda-developers

I suggest re-flashing the rom and trying this method.

Reactions: mjs2011

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts are this your ext partition is there but everything was deleted. No need to create a new partition. I dont use the darktremor method as it never would work.

I use the method here its not as "simple" because you have to manually type the commands but I have never had it fail me yet.

Data2ext CyanogenMOD - UPDATE 26/01/11 - xda-developers

I suggest re-flashing the rom and trying this method.

thanks for the suggestion! i'll give it a try!

too bad there's not a way to just command the ext3 to mount via Terminal Emulator.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion! i'll give it a try!

Dont be like me and think you can flash the zip while flashing the rom.
You have to follow the steps and type the commands first then flash the zip.

One more thing when you want to update your rom remember to disable data2ext via adb or terminal before flashing.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
IIRC in the recovery menu reset menu it does the sd-ext automagically. So wouldnt this be opps wrong script command instead?

I am not sure. Wipe cache/dalvik cache commands do not touch the sd card. If wipe data/factory reset was selected, than (IIRC since I haven't used that since a long time) it could wipe the sdext as well.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
thanks again guys. i think before i try the data2ext mod, i'm going to try to change the partition to ext4 using my PC and then see if i can mount it. if that doesn't work, then i'll try the the mod. glad i have everything backed up! :)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure. Wipe cache/dalvik cache commands do not touch the sd card. If wipe data/factory reset was selected, than (IIRC since I haven't used that since a long time) it could wipe the sdext as well.

I might have misread but I thought he said he did a reset via the recovery.
Yes the reset via recovery will format sd-ext. Its one of those things I noticed when having problems with getting my setup working when I was suing the CWM recovery that wouldnt mount sd-ext properly.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I might have misread but I thought he said he did a reset via the recovery.
Yes the reset via recovery will format sd-ext. Its one of those things I noticed when having problems with getting my setup working when I was suing the CWM recovery that wouldnt mount sd-ext properly.

yes correct. when flashing mrg666's ROM, i followed the usual steps:

- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik Cache

it was during the "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" that i saw the "Formatting sd-ext" which i'm assuming erased everything on the partition and now won't allow me to mount it using link2sd.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
yes correct. when flashing mrg666's ROM, i followed the usual steps:

- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik Cache

it was during the "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" that i saw the "Formatting sd-ext" which i'm assuming erased everything on the partition and now won't allow me to mount it using link2sd.

Next update, you can skip the first step. By the way, I also use link2sd and it works excellent for me.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok i switched from ondemand to interactivex, im expecting better battery life. What is the default IO scheduler? There should be an option in cpu settings to switch it, that would ne nice. Im on Mirage 0922.

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I was a very loyal BumbleBee user until today, although I still have it in my DH's phone because he's not a techie in the least so doesn't really care as long as his phone works when he needs it to.
With BB now unsupported I decided to go ahead and try IHO. I chose mrg666's MIRAGE version and after a little bit of tinkering I am very glad to have made the plunge into Gingerbread.

I had some issues with getting link2sd working because I was using ext2 instead of ext3, but I reformatted my SD card using SD Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/). I reflashed RA recovery onto my V to use to partition and then convert ext2 to ext3. Then I flashed back the Xionia v4 recovery. After making the partition ext3 there were no issues with link2sd creating the mount script.

I did delete the cyanogenmod extras and a few other minor apps I have no use for. Rebooted back into recovery, wiped again so no ghost apps in the app list, reboot. Smooth sailing since.

Thank you blarf, bobz, mrg666 and all the others who've worked to make IHO a successful project.
So far I've not regretted making the switch.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery life seems worse on 0922 Mirage than on previous builds.

Hello guys,

Last night I left my phone full charged and this morning I went into my office and found it in a constant reboot mode that it wouldn't let me interrupt. I had it plugged into my PC which has a "always hot" USB port. (more on that in a moment)

I unplugged the phone from the USB and found it dead. Battery totally drained. I didn't even have wifi on as I was only using 3G for downloads last night. I don't know if this is Mirage or something else. Let me dare to ask something, hoping it isn't off topic.

I mentioned my computer has a USB3 "Always on" port, i.e. it charges devices even when the computer is shut down. My iPad properly remains charged connected to it as does an old LG Chocolate phone I have. I am wondering if there is something in the ROM that detects USB status, and I got caught in a Catch 22, i.e. I have the phone set to leave the screen on when being charged, but maybe the phone wasn't being charged but thought it was being charged?

I can only guess the dramatic battery usage overnight unless those two conditions existed, i.e. logic X saw it was on a "chargeable" port so it left the screen on, and there was some setting that sensed a "turned off" PC and disabled charging?

That combo would give me high usage (screen on) and not charging, leaving me with a dead battery?

I plugged in a spare battery and all was well again, but not after panicing.

I want to be able to charge my phone overnight on the PC's USB that charges several of my other devices overnight, and I think "used to" charge the OV... I only know that I never had a battery die overnight, and I am 99% sure it was always 100% charged connected to the same USB3 port.

Please help me figure this out... I can't get up to a dead phone every morning.

Thanks!

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
wow, now my 3g returns real quick when I use the status bar toggle, usb storage working, using picasticks kernel with no issues. Love the update!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rimsha